Yaesu FT-890 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CycloSteve

SILVER Star
Threads
Well, I finally landed a nice simple HF radio, a Yaesu FT-890. Early 1990's vintage, and has the internal tuner, and external power supply. Passed all visual and power-up tests. Now need to get a decent Mic, and sort out cabling and an antenna so I can start reaching out.
full

full

Any Elmers here on Mud who have used the unit and have tips, please dive-in.

I also have the Yaesu FT-8900 in my 80, so definitely want to find a decent 10m antenna for that too, as currently only running a 2m / 70cm rubber duck.

73's,

Steve

I bought one new in the early 90's and still have it. Last piece of HF gear I have. Worked great with the stock Yaesu mic that came with it. The built-in tuner is a great asset. I would transfer this unit between my work truck and my boat. I have the owners manual if you need me to copy it. Good luck with it.

I bought one new in the early 90's and still have it. Last piece of HF gear I have. Worked great with the stock Yaesu mic that came with it. The built-in tuner is a great asset. I would transfer this unit between my work truck and my boat. I have the owners manual if you need me to copy it. Good luck with it.

Thanks Jim for the offer...found the PDF manual online, so GTG there. Have since picked up the matching desktop mic, and the handheld. Also setting it up to take to Field Day in little over a week to operate out of my Cruiser. Should be fun seeing what it can do with a proper antenna, and getting some hands-on help from a few Elmers in our local ARRL chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom