35" tyres on HZJ73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi I'm new on the forum and couldnt find the answer to this anywhere so thought someone here may know.
I have just purchased a 94 HZJ73 Land Cruiser. I am going to use it for a lot of riverbed work.

It currently has 33/12.5r15's on it and I would like to put 35/12.5r15's on it to get it another inch higher.

It has new springs / shackles which seem to have lifted it at least 2-3 inches.

Does anyone know if 35's should fit straight onto it without any more mods?

thanks !

well they will fit .. depending on your real lift, spring rate and wheel backspacing could rub it more or less ( or none ) which can be always solved with more lift or bump stops ..

To clear 35's without rubbing when offroading you need a good lift kit and the front springs mounted in reverse so the wheelbase is slightly extended.Otherwise you will need to cut the front fenders to avoid rubbing.

Hi Guys, thanks very much for the replies. Good to know about the -44 offset. I am not keen on moving the axle forward. I think I must have at least a 2 inch lift already. The guy i purchased it off replaced the springs, bushes, and shackles. The shackles alone look to have lifted it a few inches and the springs have a few leaves than stock.
I'm interested to know what you think if I just put the 35's on without moving the axle forward if you think I could just put up with the rub or if the rub will actually be bad enough that it will cause problems. Here is a pic of it with 33/12.5/15's
heres
ZX.jpg

You'll rub with the wheels for sure. Correct offset and you MAY get away with it. But doubt it.

Misty appears to no longer be active. Does anyone know how this worked out? Currently happy on 33's but am curious.

I sent a 50mm OME front spring to ALCAN springs.
ALCAN built me two custom front springs with 100mm of lift and moved the pin forward 1/2in.
This removed the rake, allows for 35 with no issues and the ride is much better.

HZJ.jpg

HZJ1.jpg

Would ALCAN have your data so they could make springs for the rest of us?
Where are they located?

Would ALCAN have your data so they could make springs for the rest of us?
Where are they located?
Alcan spring is in Grand Junction, CO.

I had a set on my FJ55, they rode Decent, better when loaded with 300lbs but that’s Becuase they were built over stock specs. Flexed really well.

6F26A7EB-3796-4F27-89A2-E2F12BB1589C.jpeg

Talk with Lew at ALCAN. Told him to keep the specs. Figured I wasn't the only one trying to fit 35's.
I weighed the front of the cruiser and the back, sent him the weights.
I had one OME spring sent directly to them from AMAZON. I told him I wanted the same specs but I needed two more inches of lift (4in total over stock) and move the axle forward 1/2in. I sent them a return slip from AMAZON and their UPS driver shipped it back (I got full refund on the mock OME spring).
I extend the sway bar hardware sourced from our local hardware store and reused all the bushings.
I ordered longer springs Bilsteins.
After receiving the new ALCAN springs and removing my ironman 50mm lift springs I noticed that the eye to eye measurement for the ironman was 41.5 and the ALCAN was 40. I flattened the springs overnight with my ambulance and got them to 41.5.
I should have removed my old spring and gave him the eye to eye measurement.

SPRING.jpg

SPRING1.jpg

:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom