Necessity being a mother, and all that... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I cracked the EGR tube while replacing the manifold gasket. Because my FJ60 budget was already blown, I decided to, at least temporarily, delete the EGR altogether. I came across an elegant, for me, solution to capping the EGR pipe on the manifold. A 3/4" cast iron black plug from the plumbing department threads right in as if it was meant to be.

20170527_213002.jpg

20170527_212851.jpg

That hole in the manifold isn't threaded, that I remember... Sure it won't blow out when hot?

Well, it was pretty tight and feels like it was cutting it's own threads. I ran it up to temp but haven't worked it hard. We'll see for sure mañana..

Well, it was pretty tight and feels like it was cutting it's own threads. I ran it up to temp but haven't worked it hard. We'll see for sure mañana..
Always nice to see people finding simple solutions to problems.:) Good job, hope it holds.

if necessity is the mother of invention, then I say let laziness be the father of ingenuity...

Worked it pretty hard today with no issues... Several cycles of hard, hi temp work with cool downs in between. Looks and sounds solid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom