Dissent offroad aluminum front bumper! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

benc

Supporting Vendor
Threads
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Hey guys,
Some of you have seen the pics of the aluminum front bumper that's in the works.
I'm wanting to gauge intrest in a full aluminum and aluminum/steel hybrid?
I have the first aluminum bumper installed on my 100 for testing and plan to have it completed soon!
Here are a few details I know so far.

Price will be no more than $300-400 more than the steel version, hoping to get that down but not sure I will be able to. The main bumper weighs 23lbs! Projected weight once the brackets and caps are aluminum will around 30lbs.
Winch reinforcement plate will be needed but plan to use aluminum for that as well.
This bumper design is the same modular design as the steel version with some added stiffeners and reinforcement,
All aluminum offerings will be interchangeable with the original steel version, so if previous customers want to upgrade to any aluminum parts they will bolt right up to their steel bumpers!
The bumper will be both pulsed mig and tig welded.
This will by not be as strong as the steel version but will be plenty strong for what 99% of us use our 100s for while giving a light weight option to install a winch, great for the guys with AHC!
Being that the bumper is modular if any one piece were to get damaged it is easily replaced without having to replace the entire bumper.
The extra cost will almost be made up by shipping and coating savings as it will cost about $80-100 to ship and there will be no need for zinc primer when powder coating.
Please let me know who will be seriously interested, only those that are serious please!
Thanks.
Ben

Good to see another option for 100's. You said a few hundred more than the steel version... how much was the steel version?

Good to see another option for 100's. You said a few hundred more than the steel version... how much was the steel version?
$1075 so target price of $1375-1475

Definitely serious about a Dissent full aluminum front! Would also be serious about a hybrid aluminum rear with a steel hitch if that is even remotely possible.

Reactions: BEG
Definitely serious about a Dissent full aluminum front! Would also be serious about a hybrid aluminum rear with a steel hitch if that is even remotely possible.
Great,
I may try a steel aluminum hybrid for the rear but that will be a little further down the road.

Hmmmm. Definitely interested!

Bitchen!

Definitely interested.
I expressed interest and emailed you about it before placing my front bumper order on April 15th to get in the build que. We discussed modifying my order when this option was ready to go.

Definitely interested.
I expressed interest and emailed you about it before placing my front bumper order on April 15th to get in the build que. We discussed modifying my order when this option was ready to go.
Thanks Tim.
Are you thinking full aluminum or hybrid?

Thanks Tim.
Are you thinking full aluminum or hybrid?
Ben - Probably full aluminum for the base bumper. I also ordered the LX bullbar, which I assume will still be steel at this point?

View attachment 1467601 View attachment 1467602 View attachment 1467603 View attachment 1467604 View attachment 1467605 Hey guys,
Some of you have seen the pics of the aluminum front bumper that's in the works.
I'm wanting to gauge intrest in a full aluminum and aluminum/steel hybrid?
I have the first aluminum bumper installed on my 100 for testing and plan to have it completed soon!
Here are a few details I know so far.

Price will be no more than $300-400 more than the steel version, hoping to get that down but not sure I will be able to. The main bumper weighs 23lbs! Projected weight once the brackets and caps are aluminum will around 30lbs.
Winch reinforcement plate will be needed but plan to use aluminum for that as well.
This bumper design is the same modular design as the steel version with some added stiffeners and reinforcement,
All aluminum offerings will be interchangeable with the original steel version, so if previous customers want to upgrade to any aluminum parts they will bolt right up to their steel bumpers!
The bumper will be both pulsed mig and tig welded.
This will by not be as strong as the steel version but will be plenty strong for what 99% of us use our 100s for while giving a light weight option to install a winch, great for the guys with AHC!
Being that the bumper is modular if any one piece were to get damaged it is easily replaced without having to replace the entire bumper.
The extra cost will almost be made up by shipping and coating savings as it will cost about $80-100 to ship and there will be no need for zinc primer when powder coating.
Please let me know who will be seriously interested, only those that are serious please!
Thanks.
Ben
!

Just what I've been waiting for! Sent reply email to u before I saw this thread. Definitely interested....(sorry for last reply post where it only repeated the first post.. New to posting reply)

Love the look but I already have your steel front bumper which I am very happy with!

PLEASE do a simplified rear aluminum bumper? For that 80% of us that run spares that fit underneath, and like the access to our rear hatch as unencumbered as possible... oh, and are already carrying hundreds of pounds of family gear when we head out, aluminum would be awesome ;)

Went ahead and started a interested list above.
Please let me know if you would like to be added or removed.
You are not committing to anything yet but please don't have me add you unless your serious about possibly purchasing the bumper.
Thanks!
Ben.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom