How to keep my exhaust pipe from getting crushed? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mine just goes to the back and got flush cut with the bottom on the 4x4 Labs bumper. Up out of the way, still turned down, no fume issues or heat problems.

imag5207-1-jpg.714407

Before I installed the turn down the straight cut pipe would blow directly into my 4x4 bumper and make a horrible sound especially at high RPM:eek: With a sub tank you have limits but with the turn down exhaust is now quiet and out of harms way.

img_5516-jpg.1284270

The drilled hole idea might be from @RockJock82 (I think, sorry if it was someone else's idea) for people with 4x4Labs bumper. Go to 2:48 (though the whole video is great):

My exhaust is too large to find a bend tight enough to get over the frame and catch that spot.. (or at least for the amount of work I want to put into it) and I have plans for a subtank or jerry can holder under there, so it'll be dumping behind the pass side rear tire as high up as I can get it. It isn't finished, but pointing in that general direction

View attachment 1460855

Yup that's me =]

Here is my setup - Been there 5 years and has no rattles and has held great. Have not crushed the pipe going off a few ledges. see in quote from another thread.

pic 1 - Overview
View attachment 1085913
Pic 2 off the shelf brackets - Frame bracket uses captured nut in frame, put a self tapping screw to hold it from swinging down.
Notice pipe end was cut to allow exhaust direct down. Also, partial cut and bend was welded about 4-5 " from end of pipe to clear the bumper.
View attachment 1085916
Pic 3 - side view of pipe.
View attachment 1085918

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom