Mini air compressor (MV-50/MF-1050 type) mods - better performance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just finished up my mods and I am really excited about it.
This is a Masterflow, Superflow, Q-Industries, Tsunami, MV-50, MF-1050, MF-1052 type of compressor.

I got it more than 10 years ago, used a bunch of times throughout the years, but I was never satisfied with the performance and more than anything else the build quality. Lately I have searched around and decided to replace the power cable it came with, hoping I would get a little better performance out of it just by eliminating as much as possible the voltage drop.

Initially I added to the wire, which made it even more sluggish (lower voltage out of 18 gauge wire it came with, over a longer distance) and worst of all the wires would get crazy hot after only a few minutes of running.

Supposedly this air compressor can run for 40 min without a break.

Watch these videos to see how badly built it came, and how it is now after the mods.

Really, really happy with it. :bounce::bounce:

Thanks for the info. I have 2 of these and the wiring on my first one looks just like yours did. Need to do something similar.

It makes a world of difference.
You could take it a step further and replace some or all of the wires on the inside as well. In my theory I wanted to deliver as close as possible to 12V to the source (relay and motor). The wiring there should be good for 12V it gets from the thick jumper cable.
Some people start messing around internally with the cylinder head, enlarging the exhaust hole, but I don't think that would be necessary. First of all the motor does work harder (faster now), since it gets better voltage; Second, I think the max pressure output will drop overall once the the port hole gets larger. Maybe the CFM will increase. I am getting too technical now and I could be also wrong at the same time.

Anyway, it well worth the time and money spent in the mods.

What you might also consider is a better tire chuck if the OEM bothers you when it comes to screwing it on.
One of these:
Tire Chuck with Lock-On Lever

And attaching it to the short (black) rubber hose with something like this:

1/4 in. x 3/8 in. Barbed Fitting with Clamp

Totally up to you how far you want to take the mods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom