What did you do on your 70 series today? (22 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Picked up my cubby that goes around the wheel well for storage and has a nice lid so it can be used as a table or seat as well. These guys do insanely clean work!
Btw now that I've had this kind of stuff done ( panels and a cubby so far ) if anyone wants a copy for their truck let me know and we can make more.
IMG_4435.JPG

IMG_4436.JPG

IMG_4437.JPG

Hi divemedic

Its old, but it seems you know your cruisers. I wanted one as well and got it! It is one my dreams came true and even better than I hoped. Except for a thirst of biblical proportions. It has the 4500 EFI engine

Hi divemedic

Its old, but it seems you know your cruisers. I wanted one as well and got it! It is one my dreams came true and even better than I hoped. Except for a thirst of biblical proportions. It has the 4500 EFI engine

I'm learning. Most of the smart things I say are just repetition from others. I I could afford two vintage cruisers I'd get your ute. I love them very much.

Changed out the stock wheels on the BJ 74 for stock 15in FJ 40s. I like the hub caps that seem to bring it together.

IMG_0196.JPG

IMG_0198.JPG

Got home from the desert and the wife and beasts were feeling a road trip up the mountains. The BJ74 works the best for the hounds, easy access and the slide windows are a crowd favorite. The only downside was discovered this afternoon when we got back into the valley, no AC, specifically no blower at all. Boo. I got home and pulled the blower motor, with a little coaxing I could get it to fire up. It needed love. I pulled the motor apart cleaned up the face of the armature and brushes, removed a layer of dust and grime and cleaned and lubed the end broze bushings.

The most time consuming part was cleaning the fan blade itself, it was caked with 25 years of dust and likely cigar smoke. Reassembled, sealed the motor and she is running faster than ever!

20170529_155321.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom