Im totally addicted. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's one of the BEST 60's I've seen! I like the color combo and the way it sits.
Thanks! It sits even nicer since I got new tires and the OEM wheels back on there.
IMG_5675.JPG

IMG_5674.JPG

I am aware I am posting 60 pics in the 80 section, but c'mon, somebody's got to post pics in this thread!

If your going go non-original you should go with slots on the 60. I dont know why but it would just look cool.

Addicted? There is no such thing in a Land Cruiser world.

Addicted? There is no such thing in a Land Cruiser world.
I disagree. It's quite common. Recovery is not common because no one can admit that they have a problem.

I disagree. It's quite common. Recovery is not common because no one can admit that they have a problem.
It takes a lot of genuine reflection to come to that conclusion. I still have not yet gotten there myself, however my wife said the last straw for her was when I was trying to convince her using our vacation fund to purchase a clapped out 55 was a good idea.

I mean they're a rarity in my area...how could that be a bad buy..

It takes a lot of genuine reflection to come to that conclusion. I still have not yet gotten there myself, however my wife said the last straw for her was when I was trying to convince her using our vacation fund to purchase a clapped out 55 was a good idea.

I mean they're a rarity in my area...how could that be a bad buy..
Define clapped. Fully clapped? Then you buy it for the VIN and start buying parts!

Still beating myself up for selling my last 62. The 60 I could handle parting with since it was rusting away (returning to the earth). Will probably get another 60 series and commit financial sepuku.

Define clapped. Fully clapped? Then you buy it for the VIN and start buying parts!

Honestly as far as 55s go, not that clapped. Plenty of surface rust, but no real corrosion.

Previous owner made a bunch of decisions I wouldn't have though - welded rear diff, horrible matte black paint job, sprung over lift, etc. In the end he wanted too much, but if he can come down in the future I might still reconsider. Just need to come up with a way to frame it to the wife...

Last edited:
I didn't say there was anything wrong with them, but 60 owners generally have a screw loose. Just look at @NLXTACY
How dare you accuse 60 owners of that....I've had plenty screws loose way before I owned my 60 when I only had my 80....proof~
IMG_4488.JPG

IMG_1045.JPG

IMG_4473.JPG

Last edited:
The base line for completely practical rides would be a Prius or a Taurus. Fuel economy, boring design and no fun. The second you go from there your screws start to losen. The land cruisers are at the higher end of the spectrum. Just below Land Rovers. I'm so very proud of the fact that I have screws loose and that I haven't given up on life yet. In my region I always get envious looks from the drones in thier generic sedan-cans. Im whacked and I'm proud. Oh yea, and broke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom