What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Idea is to keep the link as vertical as possible to work within the design specs from Mr. Yota. These would cause a stock placement bar to become "over run". I don't recommend them for a stock set up.

J
Okay, thanks. Will add these to the list when the AHC fails and I do a proper lift.

Get the 12 ton jack stands for the front. I got those and the 6 tons for the rear from Harbor Freight. The 12 ton aren't for the weight, but for the fact they can extend much taller to accommodate the front frame "horns" which are higher than than the rear jack points.

Makes sense. I ordered a set of 6 ton and 12 ton from Northern Tools, they actually come out about the same cost or even a bit less than Harbor freight - I like them having a secondary pin lock.
FREE SHIPPING — Strongway Double-Locking 6-Ton Jack Stands — Pair | Jack Stands| Northern Tool + Equipment
FREE SHIPPING — Strongway Double-Locking 12-Ton Jack Stands — Pair | Jack Stands| Northern Tool + Equipment

I had not realized before I started looking into this, that the stated stand capacity was per pair, now I realize I was wise to avoid going under my cruiser with my "2.5 ton" stands, they were undersized. I can not understand the irrational standard of giving the rating as the pair.

Gil
Ventura, CA

Makes sense. I ordered a set of 6 ton and 12 ton from Northern Tools, they actually come out about the same cost or even a bit less than Harbor freight - I like them having a secondary pin lock.
FREE SHIPPING — Strongway Double-Locking 6-Ton Jack Stands — Pair | Jack Stands| Northern Tool + Equipment
FREE SHIPPING — Strongway Double-Locking 12-Ton Jack Stands — Pair | Jack Stands| Northern Tool + Equipment

I had not realized before I started looking into this, that the stated stand capacity was per pair, now I realize I was wise to avoid going under my cruiser with my "2.5 ton" stands, they were undersized. I can not understand the irrational standard of giving the rating as the pair.

Gil
Ventura, CA

2.5 ton stands are more than adequate. The truck as a whole weighs just over that. The entire load is not supported by any one pair of stands.

Went on my first long distance drive, Covered 800 miles and no issues.

hundy.jpg

2.5 ton stands are more than adequate. The truck as a whole weighs just over that. The entire load is not supported by any one pair of stands.

It's not the weight rating that is the concern, but the height that the jack stand can extend. The 2, 3 and 6 ton can't extend tall enough to reach the front frame horns and still get the truck high enough for wheel removal (most of us have 33" + tires). The 6 ton work great on the back because the frame points are lower. Using these also means that you're not extending the "arms" to their absolute maximum point. That's a safety thing. Always want to have room for error. You can always Google "jack stand failure" and see some bad things that happen when jack stands are extended to their max.

It's not the weight rating that is the concern, but the height that the jack stand can extend. The 2, 3 and 6 ton can't extend tall enough to reach the front frame horns and still get the truck high enough for wheel removal (most of us have 33" + tires). The 6 ton work great on the back because the frame points are lower. Using these also means that you're not extending the "arms" to their absolute maximum point. That's a safety thing. Always want to have room for error. You can always Google "jack stand failure" and see some bad things that happen when jack stands are extended to their max.

If you are just removing a tire the factory jack is a safe bet

I just searched for LX470 Weather Tech tan mats. The front was 98 and the rear was 76. There were only 5 left when I ordered the $76 ones. It was the same weather tech part number as the LC matts and the Amazon part locator said it would work for my vehicle.

I like them because the mud and water stays in the mat and they go all the way to the door. I had them in my last vehicle. Husky makes a good mat also but they don't show the Classic mat for the LC

has anyone ever used the floor liners? I usually use the mats. The liners were kind of "slippery" compared to the mats.
I have some and they're nice since they cover edge to edge. They are kind of slippery but the anchor mostly keeps them in place. About once a month i'll get out weird or something and pull it a little to the side but otherwise it stays in place well.

Got a tire patched after I found a screw in the middle of the tread, replaced air filter, and I made a pair of spring retainers since I plan on getting some extended sway bar links in the rear and I really don't want them to come unseated from the mounts if the axle articulates too much. I also hooked up the camper for a planned camping/wheeling trip and man do I love how the truck rides with a load attached! The Iron Man springs really shine with 300lbs of tongue weigh on them and the truck sits level and rides extremely well.

IMG_3432.jpg

IMG_3400.jpg

Finished the PFran Interior LED kit, installed Pioneer head unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom