Picking up LX 570 on Friday...newb questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been browsing through this site for the past few weeks and finally decided on a 2008 LX 570 with 96xxx. I'm picking it up in Houston and driving it back to Denver on Friday :). I've been searching the site for the answers to my questions and I apologize if I these exact questions have been asked/answered.

Questions:
Seat protection...We are going to have 3 car seats in the middle row and I want to cover the whole bench with a waterproof but fabric barrier. Can anyone recommend something that doesn't look like a cheap pet bed? I'm not that picky but I'd like it to match the seat belt holes or at least allow me to make cuts so the seatbelts stick out.

Wheels...there are many, many threads on wheels. I'm not crazy about 20" wheels as I am planning to do some light offroad usage (dirt/mountain bike is reserved for real trails). I'm a function over form person and would actually be happy with stock 17" or 18" Tundra/LC wheels. It looks like these bolt on? There are quite a a few TRD take-offs in the Denver area. Anything to avoid or look out for? I'm assuming I'll transfer the TPMS over from the LX wheels? Does anyone in Denver want to swap wheels/tires?

Fuel...I've read on this forum that people run 87 octane at altitude (we're at 6k) and the vehicle runs great. Is that the case?

Thank you and I look forward to contributing as I learn more about these vehicles.

Contact Paul @Equipt Equipt | Roof Top Tents, Expedition Roof Racks, Dual Battery Systems, Portable Fridges for escape gear seat covers - they're waterproof canvas and I love mine. I don't know about a 2nd row only option though as they seem like sets including the 1st row. Paul will take care of you, he helped me get customized options that accepted 'latch' access points for my kids car seat. Includes standard access for regular seat belts as-is, fyi.

Wheels are a whole other topic, tons of info already here on numerous threads. But yep, RWs and current Tundra wheels fit, no problem. With or without spacers, you choose.

Similar discussion on fuel elsewhere as well, but I run 87 and have no problems with Denver or trails at 10k+.

Also, I assume three car seats covering a range of ages? Or triplets? Reason I ask is that others have noted that three full size car seats may not fit. Mix of infant and boosters seem to work fine, however.

Yup 3 full size car seat will not fit, mixture of booster and full size car seat will fit.

I've been browsing through this site for the past few weeks and finally decided on a 2008 LX 570 with 96xxx. I'm picking it up in Houston and driving it back to Denver on Friday :). I've been searching the site for the answers to my questions and I apologize if I these exact questions have been asked/answered.

Questions:
Seat protection...We are going to have 3 car seats in the middle row and I want to cover the whole bench with a waterproof but fabric barrier. Can anyone recommend something that doesn't look like a cheap pet bed? I'm not that picky but I'd like it to match the seat belt holes or at least allow me to make cuts so the seatbelts stick out.

Wheels...there are many, many threads on wheels. I'm not crazy about 20" wheels as I am planning to do some light offroad usage (dirt/mountain bike is reserved for real trails). I'm a function over form person and would actually be happy with stock 17" or 18" Tundra/LC wheels. It looks like these bolt on? There are quite a a few TRD take-offs in the Denver area. Anything to avoid or look out for? I'm assuming I'll transfer the TPMS over from the LX wheels? Does anyone in Denver want to swap wheels/tires?

Fuel...I've read on this forum that people run 87 octane at altitude (we're at 6k) and the vehicle runs great. Is that the case?

Thank you and I look forward to contributing as I learn more about these vehicles.

Congrats on the LX!

Wheels have been covered extensively, do a quick search and also reference the wheel/tire database. That said, your 20's are great road trip street wheels. But as you have noticed, the local craigslist is full of 17" and 18" takeoffs, mostly from Tundra's which generally will be a direct bolt on swap. The common wisdom is that 18"s will be a better DD wheel/tire combo, but the 17"s will be better off-road and give you more AT tire choices.

Good luck and enjoy :cheers:

Yup 3 full size car seat will not fit, mixture of booster and full size car seat will fit.

Depends. I had 3 front facing 5 point harnessed Recaros fit in the 2nd row. It was tight but it worked for 3 yrs. To protect the seats put a towel underneath and I used car seat protectors on top - Prince Lionheart 2 Stage Seatsaver, Black Amazon.com: Prince Lionheart 2 Stage Seatsaver, Black: Baby

Also buy back seat protectors - Tike Smart Luxury Clean-Edge Kick Mat - Seat Back Protector and Seat Cover with Invisible Strap and Stiff Edging - Black (1 Mat) Amazon.com : Tike Smart Luxury Clean-Edge Kick Mat - Seat Back Protector and Seat Cover with Invisible Strap and Stiff Edging - Black (1 Mat) : Baby

I put painters tape on the center console buttons, cup holder and display to protect it from the kids kicking it.

In all the 570 is literally a minivan. I used to care but with kids it will get It gets banged up but I deal with it.

Don't forget weathertech mats!

Hi @rjby77 -

It looks like the guys have you covered with seat coverings.

As for the wheels, like you I am not a fan of the 20s, so I picked up some Craigslist Tundra 18s (5 for $100, with hubcaps) and then had them powder coated for just over $400 ($404 if I remember correctly), which put my wheel purchase right at $500 for a set of 5. Just mentioning it as an option.
20170422_140305.jpg

As for fuel, I have run both 91 and 87 octane with no problems. I do find that I have a smidge more power with 91, but the 87 runs with not issues.

Gent in Eastern Az has a set.

@wtmtnterror -- ]Free oem front bumper off a super white 2011, excellent shape minus the parking sensors and wire harness for fog lamps. I also have the crash bar and foam support that goes with, pickup in Show Low.
Set of oem 200 series wheels with Toyo Proxes STII 285/60/18 $275 obo. Need these out of the garage.
20160513_162819_zpsh67muz5i.jpg
20160513_162754_zpsfdutk1r5.jpg
20160513_163034_zpsu9q0t5n2.jpg

Hi @rjby77 -

It looks like the guys have you covered with seat coverings.

As for the wheels, like you I am not a fan of the 20s, so I picked up some Craigslist Tundra 18s (5 for $100, with hubcaps) and then had them powder coated for just over $400 ($404 if I remember correctly), which put my wheel purchase right at $500 for a set of 5. Just mentioning it as an option. View attachment 1464552
As for fuel, I have run both 91 and 87 octane with no problems. I do find that I have a smidge more power with 91, but the 87 runs with not issues.

Powder coat looks great on those wheels. I have been looking at TRD Pros for weeks - think your pic just moved me to go with the powder coated look.

How are they holding up so far?

we had 2 Recaro booster seats and a 5 point harness seat in the FJ, it was tight but they fit, think you will be okay.

pick up some seatbelt extenders when they move out the 5point harness seats to boosters, those things will save you a ton of aggravation. you wont be fishing around between seats trying to find the buckle.

Powder coat looks great on those wheels. I have been looking at TRD Pros for weeks - think your pic just moved me to go with the powder coated look.

How are they holding up so far?

I have had no issues with the powder coat. The painted to match hubcaps will need attention at some point as the paint does scratch off of those, but the wheels still look new... when clean.

WOW! This forum is great. I really appreciate all of the responses. I have a lot to weigh...first I need to go pick this beast up. Seat cover will be first order of business. My wife will be shuttling 2, and then 3 in August. According to our research it will do an infant, booster and "regular" pretty well. Then when we go to 2 normal and 1 booster we'll be all good.

I recognize that it will soon look like the 2004 4Runner V8 that it is replacing (becoming my DD), but if I can prevent actual damage to the interior, I'll do my best. Once I get the seat cover, wheels, etc. I'll post up.

I use diono car seat protectors and work good. I don't know how to post pics but if u want I could text them to you.

3 across should fit- I haven't tried it in mine but I have 3 seats (I use the 3rd row). We have 3 recaro's spread out.

My mother in law drives and rx- we have Diano car seats, they are very slim and will fit 3 across in our car- fits 3 across in hers.

Speaking of which- baby crying- gotta go

Yes I have dionos as well, 3 across fit easily in my Subaru sti and 2016 4runner. They fit without a doubt in the bigger LC.

While I hate our Diono Radian RXT's mounting systems (especially LATCH - it never felt as though I could get it adjusted properly) and its weight when moving it around, the latter is due to steel inside it that probably helps it hold up in a crash. Its attachment systems really are frustrating though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom