Clinometer/Compass Meter Option (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Accessory Meter

Bumping this thread back to life! :bounce:

I've been searching for the colour version of the Accessory Meter (Compass/Inclinometer/Temp Guage, et al) in the UK for the past 4 months to no avail. The current unit in my LC has gone kaput, the compass and inclinometer windows started to flash and are now dead, the graph window still works though (but not the small one below it).

I've also had a couple of breaker yards scamming me, money taken but no item delivered, all monies now returned.

Has anyone an idea of where I can get one or at least recommend a decent breaker yard that is legit and not into scamming potential customers?

Many thanks in advance.

Dave

:cheers:

Is there anybody interested in a clinometer? I have one of the colored version for sale with the temp sensor included. I am located in Germany. Just drop me a message!

The RZJ90s like mine do have the wiring for the temp sensor. The sensor plug sits behind the left side headlight. I just tested mine by plugging it, I have not mounted it on the dash yet, but it does work.

Hi Guys, After a long search i found the accessory meter (like the one below) and plan on installing it (A 1999 TLC Prado 90 STD) Looking for advice on the following:

1. Didn't yet get the Ambient Temperature Sensor, should anyone have one laying around - i'll be grateful to get it or at least see a picture of it.

2. Is the Ambient Temperature Sensor connected to the gauge via the connector or does it have a separate connection point?

3. In the manuals i have learned about 3 more sensors the accessory meter is connected to: Baro Sensor, Clino sensor and Magnet Field Sensor. Are they built in the accessory meter or are they separate parts?

4. Looking at the attached PDF one can see that the connector mainly handles power supply - where does the information come from? (barometer, hight, speed ETC)

5. Any other advise will be of-course highly appreciated.

Thanks

Wiring Diagram

m0002-jpg.111138

Attachments

• ACCESSORY METER_01.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 664
Does your 90 has the gauge connector behind the glovebox? Then it should have the connector for the temperature sensor too. Search for it below the left front light. It has two blue/striped wires. There goes the sensor. The other features don't need extra sensors.

Greetings

Thanks!
Well OK, i have the connector behind the glovebox, but can't check on the temperature sensor as the car is in the shop (new Starter...) Once it's out i'll find out. Thank you so much!

Bringing it back to life. I obtained a unit from New Zealand and wired everything up via this thread, but do not know how to work this unit. Calling all Prado owners with this unit, PLEASE HELP ME! I just need to know how to operate this unit to make it work. Mahaloz in advance and Aloha from WA!

Just found this thread and registered as I have one of these for sale. I purchased used but never installed as the truck is long gone. It is the bottom pic, grey model.

It's a long shot but does anyone know of an altimeter that would fit in the toyota switch blank spot? I went with a gentex rear view mirror which has the temp and compass, works great but would like to have an altimeter somewhere on the dash as well.

Reviving this old thread, but maybe someone can explain to me why there is three + leads (1,2,4) and Two Grounds (3,8) ? I'm putting one of these in my 60 so what does pin 7, Combination Meter hook up to? Thanks!

Kinda. I got it hooked up to power and ignition fine and a switch to dim the brightness, so it looks fine. The altitude doesnt change on it, and the compass doesn't change either, so is mildly useless. I have an external sensor for the temperature I still need to hook up, so maybe that will work... I dunno yet. The altitude and compass are supposed to be internal to it, so don't know why they don't work. The distance calculator won't ever work because it needs a hookup to the odometer electrically somehow, and the 60's are more primitive. So was it worth drilling holes in the dash and all the work? Not yet....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom