Body Help: whatcha think? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've noticed some rust coloration weeping from the door to the rocker panels. Should I take the rocker panels off and have a body shop repaint them, the door panels, and the body itself? Has anyone else ever had water drainage problems that lead this area to rust? This is a Colorado car...?

Oops

IMG_3493.JPG

IMG_3494.JPG

IMG_3495.JPG

That looks like some rust stain leaching out from metal clip inside molding of your LX470. Just clean with some lacquer thinner, stuff is strong so go easy. You can also use rubbing alcohol, rubbing compound or plastic cleaner.

That looks like some rust stain leaching out from metal clip inside molding of your LX470. Just clean with some lacquer thinner, stuff is strong so go easy. You can also use rubbing alcohol, rubbing compound or plastic cleaner.
Is it rusting the inside of my door? And should I take the rocker panel off?

No, the rust you've picture is not body rust. This is just plastic molding on your doors & rocker panels. This shouldn't hurt your body, doors or rockers panels.

I've never pulled side molding off, so have know idea what it would look like underneath. Anywhere organics & salts get trap is potential for rust, like between rocker panel & molding. But that is not what I see in pictures.

First just clean!

And it's happening on both sides

I would recommend spraying http://www.fluid-film.com/ on frame, behind panels, in between panels, etc....and make sure your door weep holes are draining properly and not holding water/ excess moisture. Also, I would wipe off the rust stains with some naval jelly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom