TrekboxX drawer system for 80 series! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have you pulled the carpet to confirm? I only ask as I've sold my product to people with non north american specs truck, no third row, but the captured nuts for the third row grab handles were present under the headliner.
Maybe for the grab handles, but I'm referring to the captured nuts and pockets in the floor. Mine certainly does not have them.

Interesting info on the grab handles though, I've always wanted a barrier but assumed I'd have to make my own as my truck doesn't have the 3rd row grab handles.

If you can spend $4.5k on drawers, then logically you have RTT or Teardrop Travel Trailers by Camp-Inn
I'm not just spouting off either, I built my own drawers/sleeper platform and my Teardrop is in process.

I agree, but in a lot of situations they won't allow a trailer of ANY type to cross with you. (Being ferried out, ANY beach access, most trail systems) And I've never been a fan of rtt's. Too much Top weight, plus A LOT of cargo goes up with kayaks.

I agree, but in a lot of situations they won't allow a trailer of ANY type to cross with you. (Being ferried out, ANY beach access, most trail systems) And I've never been a fan of rtt's. Too much Top weight, plus A LOT of cargo goes up with kayaks.

*and everything I own is on a pintle, and they still won't allow !

Maybe for the grab handles, but I'm referring to the captured nuts and pockets in the floor. Mine certainly does not have them.

Interesting info on the grab handles though, I've always wanted a barrier but assumed I'd have to make my own as my truck doesn't have the 3rd row grab handles.
For info, the Trekboxx systems do not use the grab handles to secure the barrier. They tie into the system. Bolting to the roofline and the floor would be bad ju-ju when the body flexes off road. Squeak-squeak-squeak...

Keep the info coming guys!

A while back I built a system with fridge enclosed at floor level and double drawers next to it. it worked well for the family (that sleeps in a tent). Now I suddenly have the opportunity to take a solo trip with out the family and it is too tall to sleep on. I just eliminated the top drawer so that I can sleep in the back of the cruiser over the single drawer (folded down seat height). This has made me a believer in modular systems. For daily driving, a single drawer also leaves quite a bit more cargo space.

A while back I built a system with fridge enclosed at floor level and double drawers next to it. it worked well for the family (that sleeps in a tent). Now I suddenly have the opportunity to take a solo trip with out the family and it is too tall to sleep on. I just eliminated the top drawer so that I can sleep in the back of the cruiser over the single drawer (folded down seat height). This has made me a believer in modular systems. For daily driving, a single drawer also leaves quite a bit more cargo space.
Do you have a photo of your sleep system with the drawers? I'm interested to see how it meets up level wise with your rear seats. Thanks

Do you have a photo of your sleep system with the drawers? I'm interested to see how it meets up level wise with your rear seats. Thanks
I don't want to really add my photos to the trekboxx thread. My point was simply that a low box is very functional. The ability to stack it higher in a modular manner is really useful. My boxes are crap compared to the trekboxx product. If you are on a budget and need a system while you are saving your pennies for the awesome trekboxx then feel free free to check out my getto-errific version. cheap drawer/shelf with plywood fridge slide

Good news. The 100 series base system fits perfectly, other than the mounting locations, wing shape, etc. So this process will move rather quickly. Any more info on the HDJ81? Does it have the same 4 cargo tie down points? The 94 I'm working on has the 3rd row mounts plus 4 cargo rings, one in each corner. Edit- just saw @Douglas S already answered this above, thank you! I'll move forward using the tie down points unless anyone has conflicting info...

IMG_8350.jpg

IMG_8376.JPG

Last edited:
TLC80SA Master.jpg
Broad strokes are done. The base system is the same size as the 100 series- big! The good news is that the 80 has more vertical space, probably due to the lack of airbags/rear a/c, so there will be a ton of space on the shelf above the fridge.

Question- the 80 donor I have has quite a "hump" in the floor running between the wheel wells. Is this normal? If you draw a line between the rearmost edge of the wheel wells this area is about 1/2" higher than the rest of the floor. Also, one of the reinforcement ribs right of center and just behind the 2nd row is substantially higher than the rest. Can anyone confirm this is normal?

We're getting there!

Hey guys- we're now taking orders for the first production run! There will be a discount for the first 12 customers. More info on the website!

Reactions: RFB
How are things progressing? I'm absolutely planning on buying your system but I'm kind of nervous being one of the first "beta testers" :)
Things are going well. The first finished system will be installed soon. It's been test fitted, just needs to be coated and final fitment.

I understand not wanting to "beta" test, but this isn't beta testing. I've been making and selling these for quite some time. The main system is the exact same as the 100 series, the only difference is the shape of the wing panels, the size of the barriers, and the mounting points.

What do you coat them with?

Looks very, very good! A few questions...

Maybe I missed it, but... What are the dimensions (overall and drawers and fridge enclosure, and interior slide drawer dimensions so we know which fridges will fit)? And what is Line-X? (At first glance, their website hasn't much to say about that.) Is there a longer, no-second-row seats option with barrier that comes down farther?

Thanks for any info!

Things are going well. The first finished system will be installed soon. It's been test fitted, just needs to be coated and final fitment.

I understand not wanting to "beta" test, but this isn't beta testing. I've been making and selling these for quite some time. The main system is the exact same as the 100 series, the only difference is the shape of the wing panels, the size of the barriers, and the mounting points.

Definitely didn't mean to make it sound like your gear was anything less than excellent. I've got no doubt about that!
It's more that I'm pretty far away from your home base so if there were fitment teething issues we'd spend a lot of money on shipping parts back and forth :)
Wasn't aware how similar the 80's set is to the 100's you've been making so sounds like the changes aren't big at all. One question I've got is how difficult is it to remove the cargo barriers and shelf if I decide to ditch the tent and camp inside? Not a deal breaker but would be cool if needed.

What do you coat them with?
LINE-X and LINE-X Extra (color-match and UV-protectant). It's the best (IMO) bedliner product on the market. I've been beating on my system for 4 years, and zero wear on the LINE-X.
Looks very, very good! A few questions...

Maybe I missed it, but... What are the dimensions (overall and drawers and fridge enclosure, and interior slide drawer dimensions so we know which fridges will fit)? And what is Line-X? (At first glance, their website hasn't much to say about that.) Is there a longer, no-second-row seats option with barrier that comes down farther?

Thanks for any info!
The main system (box) is 42.5" wide x 39" deep x 12" high. The fridge area is 32" long x 19.5" wide x 21 5/8" high with the shelf at the highest setting. Note: the LINE-X and tolerances will make these numbers vary slightly.

LINE-X is a bed liner coating that is sprayed under heat and pressure. It is extremely durable. I have tried other bed liner products and none of them come close (Rhino, Speedliner, etc.) Granted, they sometimes change their formula and may have gotten better over the years, but LINE-X is by far the best I have found.

As of right now the System Alpha is the only offering for the 80. More products will be added to the line up with demand.

Definitely didn't mean to make it sound like your gear was anything less than excellent. I've got no doubt about that!
It's more that I'm pretty far away from your home base so if there were fitment teething issues we'd spend a lot of money on shipping parts back and forth :)
Wasn't aware how similar the 80's set is to the 100's you've been making so sounds like the changes aren't big at all. One question I've got is how difficult is it to remove the cargo barriers and shelf if I decide to ditch the tent and camp inside? Not a deal breaker but would be cool if needed.

I got you. It's not difficult to remove the barriers and shelf, but I wouldn't count on wanting to do it just for one night's sleep. The barrier has 4 bolts, the shelf has 4 bolts, the divider has 4 bolts and the fridge barrier has 2 more. As is, in a pinch you can sleep one person under the cargo barrier on the passenger side with the 2nd row folded.

Close-up of LINE-X:
Outdoorx4 (2 of 20)-1-1.2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom