Builds Mouldy Mario gets defoliated. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

During the week, I also picked a new Japanese made water pump and installed it. Along with the fluid coupling and the alternator. I also finished the rest of the glow system.

IMG_6951.JPG

IMG_6952.JPG

View attachment 1450198

IMG_6956.JPG

Ben, looks amazing mate! As usual. Hey, are you going to convert to a H55 and power steer and air and discs, or are you gonna stay stock to the build plate?

Ben, looks amazing mate! As usual. Hey, are you going to convert to a H55 and power steer and air and discs, or are you gonna stay stock to the build plate?
Hey Cult, Armstrong steering...........4 speed..........open a window.............AM radio...............Just the way God intended! Although, I am thinking of adding a cup holder.

Yep, perfect. There's something nice about no mod cons.

G'day All, It has a been a couple of weeks since I updated my thread. Work begins this week on the transfer case. I got into Terrain Tamer on Friday afternoon and picked up the rebuild kit. I also dropped the fly wheel at the machinist. Couple of picks of the transfer case rebuild kit. I like Terrain Tamer they make life easier. Now all I have to do is work out how it all goes back together!

IMG_6970.JPG

IMG_6971.JPG

IMG_6972.JPG

A strange story. I think the only original piece missing from the truck when I picked it up was the bash plate. So for the last couple of years, the hunt has been on and I've been checking ebay and eventually found one in Queensland. The cost was shipping 2000 km on top of the auction meant it was going to cost me a small fortune so I decided to leave it. The following day, regretting my decision not to put in a bid I was walking around a market about 150 km from home and who should I run into? Dennis Mario's previous owner. As we were about to say goodbye, he tells me that he was cleaning out the shed and stumbled across the original bash plate and would I like it? I reckon after blasting and powder coating it will look okay.

IMG_6963.JPG

IMG_6964.JPG

IMG_6973.JPG

IMG_6974.JPG

Ive got a few 45 steering boxes laying around the shed if yours is toast. Let me know and I will donate one to your build.

That bash plate! The odds!!

A strange story. I think the only original piece missing from the truck when I picked it up was the bash plate. So for the last couple of years, the hunt has been on and I've been checking ebay and eventually found one in Queensland. The cost was shipping 2000 km on top of the auction meant it was going to cost me a small fortune so I decided to leave it. The following day, regretting my decision not to put in a bid I was walking around a market about 150 km from home and who should I run into? Dennis Mario's previous owner. As we were about to say goodbye, he tells me that he was cleaning out the shed and stumbled across the original bash plate and would I like it? I reckon after blasting and powder coating it will look okay.

View attachment 1463173

View attachment 1463189

View attachment 1463190

View attachment 1463193

That is good cruiser karma coming back around for all that beautiful work you've done on moldy Mario!

in my top 5 builds on mud! stunning as usual. you could make good money if u opened a resto shop.

Mint!! The way a stocker should be!

Ive got a few 45 steering boxes laying around the shed if yours is toast. Let me know and I will donate one to your build.
G'day Ozcruiser, Sorry about the belated response. Thank you very much for the offer. I might end up taking you up on it. I rebuilt my steering box. Basically, fresh oil and seals. But I had trouble positioning the sector shaft in the middle of the worm drive. So I have an uneven number of turns - 2 one and 2.5 the other, or something like this. (I should be right provided I just drive around in circles.) Cheers, Ben

G'day Fellas, (or at least mostly fellas I assume). I got the battery tray finished up. I was going to use the original arms, but batteries have grown longer, wider and taller since 1984. So I ended up making new ones. The intent was to try and have it look kind of stock once I put a battery in the tray. I used the 'half cut along the folds-it-bend it in the vice-weld up the cut' technique.

IMG_6987.JPG

IMG_6992.JPG

IMG_6996.JPG

What do you reckon about about these cloth pads. They are the original pads from under the battery tray. I think i will replace them with rubber. They use the same thing under the radiator support. Is there some reason Mr Toyota used this stuff rather than rubber?? Anyone have any ideas..........other than the fact that they had 18000 miles of it at the Toyota factory after WW2 and decided to keep using it for the next 60 years.

IMG_7005.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom