New BFG KM3. Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was thinking (hoping) more about seeing them next week in person in a line-up with less heeps and more Land Cruisers.

I'm pretty sure I just saw 5 of these in a shop near me getting ready to be mounted on some brand new steel rims. Looks like a nice tire, and look forward to some reviews.

I need tires so bad. I've been running BFG mud terrains for 25 years on all of my rigs. The ones on my 80 are over 5 years old and have roughly 50K on them. I don't want to buy KM2s if the KM3 is on the horizon. Does anyone have any additional information on the release date?

I need tires so bad. I've been running BFG mud terrains for 25 years on all of my rigs. The ones on my 80 are over 5 years old and have roughly 50K on them. I don't want to buy KM2s if the KM3 is on the horizon. Does anyone have any additional information on the release date?

2018 pretty sure.

Go getchu some KO2's I have had two sets on DD's and LOVE them units. I've walked the dog on equally built rigs with MT's as well... You'll like the road manners much more.
Just my .01 (tax got the other penny)

Looks like the KM3 is kinda like the Dura Trac or the STT Maxx, highway in the middle and mud on the outsides. Might be a good thing. I've been a DT lover but the KM3 will probably get the nod on the next go around.

Any updates? I know some guys are running them at baja

New here, I have an 14 FJ TTUE.

I am fortunate enough to be a tire tester for the BFG KM3's and have been driving on a set of KM3's since the summer. I hope they hit the market soon so y'all can enjoy them as much as I have. They ride great on the road and excel off road. No issues in heavy rain at highway speeds.

Sadly, I am not allowed to post any photos at this time (part of my agreement). They are all you hope for.

New here, I have an 14 FJ TTUE.

I am fortunate enough to be a tire tester for the BFG KM3's and have been driving on a set of KM3's since the summer. I hope they hit the market soon so y'all can enjoy them as much as I have. They ride great on the road and excel off road. No issues in heavy rain at highway speeds.

Sadly, I am not allowed to post any photos at this time (part of my agreement). They are all you hope for.

Well I'll bite...

How the hell do you get to be a tire tester? Sign me up!

-->BFG fan boy since I had my first set on my fj40 in the late 80's <--

I've known lots of tire biters if that helps....

Any updates? I know some guys are running them at baja
I've got just over 7000 miles on my set right now, including 3000 while chasing the Baja 1000. Still a HUGE fan. Road and daily manners are great. I am that "rough on equipment" tester who occasionally runs them at 80mph on the freeway at 20psi...IIRC, they've been at 20psi since just after Baja, with Sand Hollow only 20 minutes away, it's hard to justify airing up for every back-forth trip. Zero sidewall issues, some tread chunking (expected if you actually wheel, which I do), impressive traction offroad. Potholes around Guerro Negro were no issue at speed (those things were monsters!) and 60+ mph on the road N of Coco's was awesome.

Still waiting for snow so I can take them out, hopefully in January. VERY dry year thus far.

I am a HUGE fan of the KO2's for a wagon/daily rig (wore a set out on the 80, have a set on the GX470 now) and have sworn that I'd never run a set of MTs again for a daily rig. Convincing myself to hold to that is getting harder and harder :)

Have not yet heard an official release date. I do know that the BFG Jeeps at EJS will actually have them installed, and I'm betting release will be shortly after.

2 month later update???

When will these babies be out for us common folk to pick up?

Release date is unofficially officially set for July/August of this year. If it is like other launches some sizes won't be available until Q1 2019.

This is the date they are aiming for.....but they could miss.

@woody did you happen to get a weight of those 315s you're running?
I didn't....the spare is new however, just math back the wheel weight....prepping for EJS now tho, "suspect" they will have that info public shortly (or will check next week in Moab)

Thanks. The Goodyear MTR in 315 is 67 lbs and the Toyo MT is 80 lbs so there seems to a good bit of varience between different MT tires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom