Fridges (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Overlandeffex

SILVER Star
Threads
I have made contact to a friend of mine whom is the guy that has the SnoMaster fridge contact. The deal is this. 10% off and free shipping, ( which is like an additional 10% off) if you want to get in. This is the main webpage.
SnoMasterUSA
and for the items cost is this.
SnoMaster USA

I know some folks where interested and some where on the fence. I know there two people that are yes right now but need to see hominy more are in. Please let me know as he wants the orders to be in with in a few weeks.

Also go and vote for the new logo!!!! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Last edited:
Is the 5 amp draw correct? Seems rather high in comparison to other brands and may be tough on your battery

I looked at a couple random models on their page and it seems the 5 amp is at high speed while it's 2.5 amp on low speed. Perhaps the difference is the draw to cool down vs. the draw to sustain what's already cold.

Very nice. The 5A draw I suspect is only when the compressor is on. It should operate cyclically, not constantly. It would be nice to know what the average current load is.

Frank

I talked to my buddy who has the 95 liter version. He said.." this was the first fridge he has that will completely freeze stuff!" Also he was saying that it keeps things way colder than his ARB. so...food for thought. Look up reviews and such.... not the top rated but up there and at a decent price.

Fridge choices, features and performance is open to almost as many rabbit holes as oil,tires and gearing selections

I have no previous knowledge of any of the fridges. My buddy who got us the price break had a ARB and said the Snomaster is head and shoulders better than the ARB. One thing that is better too is all the accessories are included while all are additional with ARB. Not trying g to sway but just info. Look online I found a comparsion that had like seven different fridges and the Snomaster was 3 behind higher dollar fridges. I'll check to see if I can find it.

Like everything else each has it's merits. I's a pity that we can't combine all the features we want into 1 unit but that would be to easy and most likely cost prohibitive, kinda like vehicles.

You can currently get an Engel for less with free shipping in the mt45 for $669, seems like a great deal for a really good fridge.

12 Volt Fridge Freezers

Or even the indel B which has had good reviews for $549 at amazon or the dometic cfx-65 for $679. Of course not with all the accessories as the snomaster, but good entry level prices can be had.

The indel b TB 51 is currently $450 shipped through truck fridge with a group buy through Tacoma world, ends on Sunday I believe. Also a transit bag on amazon for about $100. I have been eyeing this one for a while with good reviews on Expedition portal and Tacoma world.

So to follow up I Just decided to buy this one, I will plan to bring it to the next meeting once I have it installed.

Last edited:
I wont be at the meeting on Tuesday as it is a work day for me. So if your interested in the fridge, I'll have Farrah make a heads up to those who are not looking at this and see how many are still in.

Since no one really jumped on this possibility the deal has expired. Maybe next time.

I wish I could take advantage but timing is not in the cards at the moment. Thanks for post it up though.

Frank

Check this review: Eight-way fridge comparison. The fridge that "won" uses Snowmaster compressor, super efficient. IF I were to get a fridge this would be the brand.

That said... $1300 to keep things cold I'm not quite sold on, the RTICs are phenomenal and I got two for less than $300 total! Managed easily through 10 day Moab trip, not needing to ice up until Day 6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom