Help needed; 2H issues and puzzles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yep, agree on a glow plugs problem- but I'll put my money on one or two of them being burned out. To check, remove the bus bar connecting all the plugs and test each one with an Ohm meter for continuity to ground.

cool, thanks for the reply's. i have a new set, just been too busy to put them in. another thing, if i put them in, should i go back to the factory glow setup first to save possibly cooking my new ones?

A good question- depends on what voltage is hitting your busbar, and what voltage your replacement glow plugs are. There are lots of plug voltages available, and the different glow systems put out different voltages. And then there's a bit of voodoo and magic for choosing the correct plug voltage coupled with glow timing for the best performance/longevity. Look up the glow plug thread in this sub forum and it will give you some idea of what you need to do...

And here it is... Which plugs should I be running - B, 2B, 3B, H and 2H diesels

also, any idea with electrical? my fuel gauge won't read properly. jumps all around the place. a ground issue? is so, where is it grounded?

In my HJ60, I have a little access panel to the top of the tank in the floor of the cargo area. Cleaning the contacts and dielectric greasing them settled my fuel gauge down.
Not sure if you would have the same panel in a tray back...

fuel sender is fine, connections are good (on the sender end), yet it still mucks up. it either jumps all over the place or in stuck on completely full. i'm getting good at knowing when to get down to the servo to fill up, but she's a nuisance. next up i have to see if i have a reliable power source to the sender i suppose.

another issue, the brake light is on. if i pull the red wire off of the vacuum tank, it goes off. vacuum leak?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom