Brake Job (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi, I've had no problems with Auto Zone pads and rotors. Mike

Tandem Automotive in Ft. Worth does great work: Tandem Automotive. They only work on Toyotas. They've installed Harrop e-lockers on both my 80's, and installed some stuff on my Tacoma. Pablo can give your rig the complete inspection and tell you if anything else need to be done.

I just installed a set of Terrain Tamer slotted and drilled rotors and brake pads on my 80. I am very impressed with the performance and increased stopping power. Great quality and cheaper than OEM. You can get them at Trdparts4u.com if you want to do it yourself or Tandem carries them as well if you are looking for a shop.

That's good to know. I've never been too impressed with either of my 80's stopping potential.

I just installed a set of Terrain Tamer slotted and drilled rotors and brake pads on my 80. I am very impressed with the performance and increased stopping power. Great quality and cheaper than OEM. You can get them at Trdparts4u.com if you want to do it yourself or Tandem carries them as well if you are looking for a shop.

Dang.......all by yourself did ya?........
Tell me more......

Dang.......all by yourself did ya?........
Tell me more......

There was some old grumpy bastard cruiser mechanic hanging around the shop. He lended a hand.

AFter going through about 3 sets of OEM 80 front disks in about 90K miles and having each set get pretty damn warped, I went with the lifetime replacement Bosch rotors from O'Reilly. They stop at least as good as OEM, have not warped, and if they do I get free replacements. I don't know what is up with the OEMs warping. I put 100 series pads on the front, however. Shims - gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom