47's HJ47 ute build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Killing it! Parts look great and the photography is now top notch!

haha thanks cult, but once I've got the roof and bezel back from the body man, I'm off to get some plates. can't bear the look of it in the shed much longer!

ok, wow time moves fast! have got a bit done. firstly got some wheel guards on, looks okay and will do for now.

painted up my other caliper today as well. got complete rebuild kits coming for em as well. genuine yoda of course.

also got my roof and besel back from my painters. terrible pics but they have a nice layer of T12 2-pac on them. slowly getting the body work painted, will probably signal the bulbar as the next major thing to do. thinking about rego soon, body still looks shot though. it's a slow and expensive occupation so bear with me as I get it done in bits and pieces.

gunna keep pushing along with it, going into Y12 next year. won't stop the work though...;)

on a side note, 31" tyres are really small. but I can't afford new rubber at the moment.
DSC01189.JPG

DSC01185.JPG

DSC01187.JPG

DSC01188.JPG

DSC01190.JPG

also, does anyone know how to reduce the images into these tab thingymabobs?

cheers

did a few things, fixed up the bonnet with some colour match till i get it done in 2 pac. the second pic is crap but it shows the front.

just about ready for rego. started the last year of school now (Y12) so i really want it done. wish me luck, school is testing the patience, and in a big way.

DSC01214.JPG

DSC01215.JPG

no prizes for guessing what this stuff is.

early 2h pump (six bolt pattern) and 60 series power steering box.

just need and early 2h vane pump bracket if anyone can help me out.

DSC01217.JPG

DSC01218.JPG

I also have on good report that @Indestructible 47 has purchased a set of axles from an HJ61 with Cable Lockers...

well, better late then never to let people know that she's Registered. what a feeling of achievement that is!! finally got there. but still a long way to go though. had a lot of problems to sort out.

1. real bad driveline vibrations. i mean, 80km/h and it was shaking it like crazy. so put a new (used) tail shaft in her and it helped a-lot. it can now do highway speeds but still has a reasonable vibration. i reckon i'll get the tail shaft balanced and work form there. uni's are good.

2. small oil leak from the rear hub on the drivers side. it spits grease when driven fast. a new gasket on the way.

3. small oil leak form the rear of the trans. guess i'll dig into that sometime.

4. rear diff leaks on the out-put shaft. another seal needed.

5. rocker cover gaskets are stuffed. got genuine Yota gaskets to go on, just need some time.

6. electrical woes. getting really sick of it. alternator is brand new. the old one had issues and melted the fat cables in the wiring harness. have to go through and replace. = nightmare + many beers. found out that the regulator was toast. more Toyota parts. also got continuity between the body and the positive terminal. it's frustrating. fuel gauge reads different every 10 seconds also. yep, had to coaster into a servo already.

7. got the Exhaust done. dumps underneath the cab. sounds way louder (how i like it) but is also a really nice sound and not too loud at highway speeds. but it made a weird bark. looked today and found that the exhaust blokes forget to tighten the nuts on the exhaust manifold. stupid little things like that.

8. got it professionally wheel aligned. tracks waaay better but the negative castor doesn't do it any good.

9. spent 1,300 bucks to get her registered. that stung and that's without insurance.

10. spent waay more than i would have liked on it in the last month or so. nearly 18 and doing my final schooling year. so the budget it tight. gotta save a bit too, can't spend all my dough on my cruiser as much as i'd like too.

i'll get pics another time, it's too late tonight now and i'm buggered. thanks for watching.

oh for the record, 140km/h at 3,900 rpm. 2h stock drive chain. 31 inch tires.

You know the rules........pictures mate or it didn't happen! ;)

And he's registereddd!!! Feels good hey?

You know the rules........pictures mate or it didn't happen! ;)
okay okay, coming up.....
And he's registereddd!!! Feels good hey?
it feels awesome. hey i found out a whole lot more stuff that she needs since I've been driving it, but you know what, they are so unique and cool, i now belong with those few guys get thumbs up form Kenworth drivers. it's a great feeling. also the respect you generate as a 17 year old doing it is damn special. really surprising and it's great to speak to 50-60 year old diesel mechanics like you do everyday. i probably do.

DSC01211.JPG

DSC01213.JPG

DSC01214.JPG

hard to see but my buggered tail shaft.....
DSC01216.JPG
DSC01217.JPG

and the axle seal: if you can see it, the grease on the rim. it's worse than it looks in the pics. and NO, i did not paint the inner part of the rim black, it came like that.
DSC01215.JPG

@cult45 i don't know what this photography is like? 33 inch 60 series wheels and tires.

i think that the offset may be to big on the front though.

DSC01217.JPG

She looks good mate! Are you going for something special with your pics? I always clean the phone lens and run a quick eye over whatever else is in the photo before snapping, and then check again before uploading, but that's me just being an artist :D

She looks good mate! Are you going for something special with your pics? I always clean the phone lens and run a quick eye over whatever else is in the photo before snapping, and then check again before uploading, but that's me just being an artist :D
haha yeah, i should do that. sometimes i don't have time though. also in the previous pics it started to rain just as i was taking them. i figured that some pics were better than none.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom