Assembly help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for pictures of an assembled 1964 fj45. Need help finding locations for spacific pieces. Here is a picture of the current piece that has no home. It came out of the bag labled dash parts.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks like the fresh air pull bracket that fits underside the heater blower duct. A 64 wouldn't have a stock heater?

It does have a vintage air heater that I have yet to install. The throttle cable and choke cable were both in the same bag so that's where I'm leaning.

It does have a vintage air heater that I have yet to install. The throttle cable and choke cable were both in the same bag so that's where I'm leaning.
Is that the original engine? looks like a later air cleaner. The early F had a throttle linkage and the later F had a cable. Part of the fun of dealing with 50yo vehicles.

Is that the original engine? looks like a later air cleaner. The early F had a throttle linkage and the later F had a cable. Part of the fun of dealing with 50yo vehicles.

This one is a throttle linkage and it has a throttle up cable from the dash. I'm guessing for a ptu option.

Here are some pictures of engine and chassis number. From what I understand this one is an early build

image.jpg

image.jpg

I could post a picture of a newer style Throttle cable bracket. But they are completely different so I don't know how much help that would be. Maybe @whitey45 could chime in with some helpful guidance.

One on the right looks like the rod to hold the hood up.

That makes sense!

Some of the parts in the bins have been for 69 Mach 1 and 38 Chevy and another bracket has gmc stamped in it so that does not surprise me.

However the shifter bezel looking thing has a tag that says fj40

Looking for the placement of these braces and brackets

View attachment 1447996

one all the way on the right is hood prop as stated for a split hood - should work for your year

one all the way on the left is a later cruiser radiator support bracket. IIRC your year model should just have one long radiator support on the passenger side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom