FJ62 Accelerator cable length (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There are new aftermarket cables available for the 12ht but I am not sure the length or what they look like. Maybe someone can post a pic or details?

I was talking with @CenTXFJ60 about this the other night, the 12HT cable's motor end is not compatible.

I got one in an envelope just now...what do you want to know?

Yes and ebay Australia sells them, also sells a "3F" throttle cable that looks the same.

@LAMBCRUSHER

Did you look any more into this?

1989 Toyota Corolla Throttle Cable looks similar on the ends, but maybe an inch too short?

X2 @Cruiserdrew; let us know the specs. it looks dead ringer...I have NOT had any luck other than sourcing a used cable for sanity...as for lube; maybe some slip plate or other dry graphite base?

As for lube. Look for some lube used for bicycle brake/shifter cables. Same design basically . :)

the 55 guys are using a product called superlube for things like wiper pivots and whatnot with decent results. apparently it doesn't get hot and drip away...

Did your new cable show up yet, @Cruiserdrew ?

No, I have a tracking # though. They are estimating Friday delivery. You want to drive up to Sac? We can test fit it on yours, since yours is actually broken. I have a couple of week days off next week.

WOW Thank you, A., but I have received a spare- thanks to @TLEX :cheers:, and my repair is still kicking. I am just curious about the measurements of your find vs the used OEM one I have. If they are close, I might buy 2! Thanks!

Sorry to badger you, @Cruiserdrew , but if you got your cable, could you take some measurements for us? ThankS!

Don't worry I will, but it still has not arrived. THe tracker says it left NJ but not updated yet. I'm just hoping I get it.

Tracker is now saying 5/5 delivery. Must be coming by mule train.

Got the cable in this afternoon. I laid it in the engine compartment to look at basic length and fit. It looks like an almost dead ringer. Even the chafe supports are in the same place. I did not install it, because I'm leaving tomorrow for 10 days to the North Rim, but it's so close I'm thinking it's going to work fine.

To be sure it would have to be installed, but it looks like it will work great. @LAMBCRUSHER I suggest you get one and fit to your broken one. I may install mine when I get back, but I almost don't see how it won't work.

Thanks, @Cruiserdrew !!! just bought one! hope that keeps me in the cable for a while...

@Cruiserdrew, thanks for the leg work on the accelerator cable..good to know we have a potential option for the FJ62...I think I am going to order one as a backup..just another cruiser guy obsessed with preventative maintenance.

FYI everyone, when I purchased it this morning at the crack of when I posted the sellers page showed only one left. I bought what I thought was the last one... hope they really have more... if they aren't able to fill my order, I'll let you all know... hth

edit: they've issued a tracking number...we shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom