The thread I never thought I'd start... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

so no engine overhaul?? Don't wuss out now...

Oh, no. The engine is still ticking like a time bomb. The clanking was the U joints.

Overhaul is still in the works. I just think it is going to be a complete overhaul and not just a "replace soft parts" overhaul.

I still think it's the head gasket. Better check it again.

I still think it's the head gasket. Better check it again.

I shall not speak about that thing. Neither favorably or negatively.

It helps to grease U joints. This is the rear.

IMG_6909.JPG
IMG_6910.JPG

It's amazing that you made it through your recent road trip on that joint. That baby is way past due.

Hadn't notice a click, vibration or anything until Sunday. My buddy said the same thing. I had checked and greased the U joints and drive shaft back in December before the trip. Didn't notice any play then.

Spent most of the day working on my son's high school baseball field. After we decided to get in a little bit of fishing. I went to lock it up and got flashing lights with no CDL lock light. (I heard the relay click in the DS kick panel). Turn off the lockers and proceeded with no worries (other than wondering why my CDL wasn't locking).

Two hours later we are heading home on the highway and the CDL light flickers and I realize I hadn't pushed the CDL button off. I push it off then decide to push it again. Lights up.

Any suggestions?

IMG_6984.JPG

CDL indicator switch in the case might be bad. The CDL may have been engaged the whole time and the circuit finally cleaned itself well enough to conduct, flickering then turning the light on.

CDL indicator switch in the case might be bad. The CDL may have been engaged the whole time and the circuit finally cleaned itself well enough to conduct, flickering then turning the light on.

That was my first inclination. I replaced that switch less than a year ago. They are cheap so it might be an easy solution. I'm going to try out the lockers again shortly. Going back to fish!

Pushed the button and it didn't light up right away. Drive for a bit and it popped on. Pushed it off and on and it working properly. Will test the lockers shortly.

Front locker wiring was unplugged. The plug coming out of the locker is/was broken. Not sure if this can be replaced. If it can be does @beno or @cruiserdan know the part number? It is the bigger of the two plugs. The inner plug closest to the engine.

The actuator side connector PN: 90980-11289

Splices: 82998-12430 (X5)

The Harness side: 90980-11290

Splice: 82998-12440

You are welcome. :)

Last edited:
The actuator side connector PN: 90980-11289

Splices: 82998-12430 (X5)

The Harness side: 90980-11290

Splice: 82998-12440

You are welcome. :)

Thanks Onur! I will contact you.

Code 28 this morning while driving. Don't have my FSM with me. Anyone know what it is off hand?

IMG_4660.PNG

Thanks! I was in panic mode and should've googled!

Got another Blackstone report. Glass half full?

IMG_8053.PNG
IMG_8054.PNG

My Edgestar fridge is jumping all over the place voltage wise. Trying to figure it out. Saw a thread over on Portal where it might be the LVCO or something. Or maybe the receptacle. Don't know.

IMG_8190.JPG
IMG_8191.JPG

Turned on the AC this morning and it is MUSTY smelling. Ugh. Where to start? The interior doesn't smell musty normally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom