What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (32 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I tried hard to ignore the Pig today and knocked out some 60 projects.

Tightened up the valve cover. Side cover. Oil pan. All took 3/4 or more turns. Many leaks be gone.

IMG_5938.JPG
IMG_5939.JPG

I cleaned as I went.

Oil. Lube.

Found a OME fixed pin had lost a bolt and spun out. That was a bitch. Glad to do it in my shop and not on a trail.

IMG_5949.JPG

IMG_5951.JPG

I also fixed the exhaust leak. Glued trim back on and fixed my skidplate.

Man. My truck rides so much better with the carburetor cleaned , exhaust leak fixed and Spring pin back in socket.

New tires are next. These beautiful 15 year old MTs are headed over to the Pig.

IMG_6371.JPG

IMG_0317.JPG
IMG_0315.JPG
Over 3 years building this thing and now have the 3rd and final :) motor in it (they get better each time).
IMG_0315.JPG
Will keep plugging away in hopes of driving it to CO for the Solid Axel Summit in August. Kinda tricky driving with no brakes or gas pedal. Still have to fabricate a pedal out of the stock 60 and a 62. Basically using the throttle cable as a hand throttle to move her around.

3 hours into our weekend trip the truck gave up 1 mile from our destination (no joke!) Sat and waited an hour entertaining the little lady until a local shop showed up with a new ICM. 10 minutes later we were outta there!

IMG_9262.JPG

3 hours into our weekend trip the truck gave up 1 mile from our destination (no joke!) Sat and waited an hour entertaining the little lady until a local shop showed up with a new ICM. 10 minutes later we were outta there!

View attachment 1446658
dang that sucks man, glad you got it rolling pretty quick

Man. My truck rides so much better with the carburetor cleaned , exhaust leak fixed and Spring pin back in socket.

New tires are next. These beautiful 15 year old MTs are headed over to the Pig.

View attachment 1446509
Dang Nolen I love your 60 man. Glad you got the carb worked out. I just put a new carb on mine as well .

Went to Katie's Cars & Coffee in Great Falls, VA. Supposedly a really well attended event in the Washington DC area but the rain kept some of the cool stuff away. I found a neat Jeep Scrambler to park next to though. Then I did some urban wheeling on cobblestone roads and changed an old starter on the street in the rain next to the US Capitol. I'm glad I keep an extra starter, voltmeter, and full toolkit in the back. Paid off this time.

34100554201_5a40c4a31e_b.jpg

33389581704_02750c30d6_b.jpg

34100555591_2860224052_b.jpg

Finished up my install of a Comeup DV-9s winch from Jason at TT. Sprang for the Factor 55 Splicer so my Slee Offroad offset hawse fairlead don't get nicked up. Pretty slick system. Ditched the thimble and the big red hook.
win1_zpsfmt5w2wi.jpg

win2_zpsv4whxn3z.jpg

Last edited:
Finally installed my Trail Tailor rear bumper this weekend. Still debating on the reverse light wiring, but the hard pars of getting it installed is completed! Awesome bumper, thanks Jason! @reevesci
Side note, the tire on the spare wheel I assume is the original tire, has a "made in Japan" stamp on it. A replacement 33x10.5 BFG A/T is in order this week!
Also replaced some wiring and wire nuts the previous owner used for the flat 4 trailer wiring!
IMG_7219.JPG

IMG_7221.JPG

IMG_7222.JPG

IMG_7225.JPG

IMG_7228.JPG

Drove her for coffee and donut this AM... rough driving. Once home got in touch w/ a fellow mudder who guided me mostly through a lean drop and checking timing w/ a gun. Then decided I'd go all out as she was running a millions times better to drive her to and from work. It's been a long while!
Love my old tractor beast.

IMG_4892.JPG

IMG_4899.JPG

Inching closer to getting it back on the road! First was last weekend, next is today.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Cooling system has been completely replaced to keep up with the previously non existent AC system that is going in this week!

Went to Katie's Cars & Coffee in Great Falls, VA. Supposedly a really well attended event in the Washington DC area but the rain kept some of the cool stuff away. I found a neat Jeep Scrambler to park next to though. Then I did some urban wheeling on cobblestone roads and changed an old starter on the street in the rain next to the US Capitol. I'm glad I keep an extra starter, voltmeter, and full toolkit in the back. Paid off this time.

34100554201_5a40c4a31e_b.jpg

33389581704_02750c30d6_b.jpg

34100555591_2860224052_b.jpg

Awww man! That's my old stomping grounds! Summer mornings are great for it!

Drove her for coffee and donut this AM... rough driving. Once home got in touch w/ a fellow mudder who guided me mostly through a lean drop and checking timing w/ a gun. Then decided I'd go all out as she was running a millions times better to drive her to and from work. It's been a long while!
Love my old tractor beast.

View attachment 1447027

View attachment 1447028

Looks like you need a drag link adjustment. Or easier is to pop the steering wheel off a clock it a spline or two.

Finally installed my Trail Tailor rear bumper this weekend. Still debating on the reverse light wiring, but the hard pars of getting it installed is completed! Awesome bumper, thanks Jason! @reevesci
Side note, the tire on the spare wheel I assume is the original tire, has a "made in Japan" stamp on it. A replacement 33x10.5 BFG A/T is in order this week!
Also replaced some wiring and wire nuts the previous owner used for the flat 4 trailer wiring!
View attachment 1446972

View attachment 1446973

View attachment 1446975

View attachment 1446976

View attachment 1446977

If I may make a suggestion regarding the lights. I have almost the same setup and ended up wiring the bumper lights into a fog light switch powered directly off the battery. I can turn them on and off when ever I want which is helpful setting up a camp at night. I made a fog light switch out of a rear defrost switch so it looks like a factory switch.

Ordered a Derale 15950 atomic trans cooler since I STILL don't like how warm the trans runs crawling in desert sand, even through the factory cooler and a B&M 70268. Hopefully this works well, going to mount it in the spare tire location I think.

49777E6F-B7E3-4131-9F19-EE982C1A01EE-26389-000016004AE0CB5A.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom