What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (30 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yikes! That trailer costs more than my 2016 Land Cruiser! But it is pretty sweet. That is a ton of solar power. Induction cook top. Diesel heating. Waterless loo. Air suspension. Shower. An awning that creates a whole enclosed living space. AC. Satellite. And a Nespresso espresso maker. That is definitely an awesome blend of off-road capability and glamping in a very compact package.

Yikes! That trailer costs more than my 2016 Land Cruiser! But it is pretty sweet. That is a ton of solar power. Induction cook top. Diesel heating. Waterless loo. Air suspension. Shower. An awning that creates a whole enclosed living space. AC. Satellite. And a Nespresso espresso maker. That is definitely an awesome blend of off-road capability and glamping in a very compact package.

Actually it doesnt. First you have to subtract the 20% tax from Australia from the price and the convert AUD to USD which is currently at .75, was .71 when I bought mine. A few years earlier someone bought one when it was at $1.25

I got the classic not the limited so I don't have Air suspension nor AC. The suspension is the same as the Kampers and I had no issues with that

Essentially is was about $50K delivered. The Kimberley Kampers they also sell are great and much less $$. I had one for about 6 years

KK is on my list in a few years when I get moved out there. Also looking at the Conqueror but the height of those won't fit in a garage like the KK so leaning in the KK direction.

KK is on my list in a few years when I get moved out there. Also looking at the Conqueror but the height of those won't fit in a garage like the KK so leaning in the KK direction.

The fitting in the garage was a big factor for me. I want it to last for a long time and the only way I see that is to have it parked inside so the only wear and tear is when I am using it. Otherwise, I would have gone for one of their larger Kruiser models

Garage.PNG

Exactly my thought as well, not to mention having to find somewhere to park it outside which isn't free or protected.

Question for you... how often do you use it "off-road"? The other dilemma is that for a lot less money you can buy bigger, non-off road campers and the opportunities for off-road use are not what they are in Australia. Just curious how often you use it for what it's designed for since you are living where I will be when we get out there?

The fitting in the garage was a big factor for me. I want it to last for a long time and the only way I see that is to have it parked inside so the only wear and tear is when I am using it. Otherwise, I would have gone for one of their larger Kruiser models

View attachment 1446331

With work the past two years, only a few times. Next week will be the first time this year. Going out for a week. I had a couple of american campers that didnt hold up. Canvas shifting particle board and staple woodwork. Even the off road Jayco baja I had came apart of a mining road. Then I found a used Kimberley Kamper. It was 10 years old and still looked like new. I used that about 6 times a season and never had any issues and still looked like new when I sold it for the same thing I paid.

It really depends on where you are in the circle of life. I wanted a durable setup that would still be in great shape when I retire in 9 years. One of the reasons it has to fit in the garage so it won't age. Since the AUD was at its lowest point in my meory seemed like a good time to upgrade my camper.

If you have young kids, a larger camper or even a nice pop-up would be better. That's what I had when mine were younger. This will fit 4, but I only intend to use it with 1 or 2

The guys I'm heading out to CM17 with plan to launch a new adventure trailer, going by "Phalcon Trailers". Their initial build is just about finished (finished enough to unveil at CM17 I guess). Keep an eye out for them, San Diego located, and really good dudes you'd love to support. We will be at Slickrock as well, Weds through Sun.

For those of you (like me) who have not pulled the trigger on drawers or an extra battery, I suggest looking into these two items:

First is this ROLA trunk organizer. Fits lengthwise perfectly in the back of the LC. Handle makes it easy to pull out like a drawer. I actually have a smaller organizer within it.

Rola 59001 M.O.V.E. Rigid-Base Trunk Organizer Amazon.com: Rola 59001 M.O.V.E. Rigid-Base Trunk Organizer: Automotive

IMG_3207.JPG

The other item, which is an EDC item in my LC now, is this NOCO 4000 amp, 12v battery. A very capable jump starter, device charger, air pump power source, etc. I learned about the need for an alternate battery source the hard way, after a totally unexpected battery failure while on vacation in the Rockies late on a Sunday. Will never again take a trip without one. I also purchased an external cigarette lighter-like charger so I don't have to charge it via USB (the slower method).

NOCO Genius Boost Pro GB150 4000 Amp 12V UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter Amazon.com: NOCO Genius Boost Pro GB150 4000 Amp 12V UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter: Automotive

IMG_3208.JPG

Yea, I'm about 5-6 years from throwing in the corp towel. Not sure how much of that will be here in Atlanta vs. moving out to Fort Collins. Just depends on the job situation. Less here would be better for sure. I have no need for a camper here in the SE, but definitely will want something when we get out there. For us, 99% of the time there would be just two of us and we'd do some long trips covering a lot of miles. the KK just seems like the perfect blend of quality, size and being able to pull into a garage is such a nice feature. Thanks for the info.

With work the past two years, only a few times. Next week will be the first time this year. Going out for a week. I had a couple of american campers that didnt hold up. Canvas shifting particle board and staple woodwork. Even the off road Jayco baja I had came apart of a mining road. Then I found a used Kimberley Kamper. It was 10 years old and still looked like new. I used that about 6 times a season and never had any issues and still looked like new when I sold it for the same thing I paid.

It really depends on where you are in the circle of life. I wanted a durable setup that would still be in great shape when I retire in 9 years. One of the reasons it has to fit in the garage so it won't age. Since the AUD was at its lowest point in my meory seemed like a good time to upgrade my camper.

If you have young kids, a larger camper or even a nice pop-up would be better. That's what I had when mine were younger. This will fit 4, but I only intend to use it with 1 or 2

Is this a popup type or something more like the KK? My wife, for irrational reasons, wants a hard side camper... bears are out there you know :cautious: I may be heading out to CM so perhaps we can meet up then.

The guys I'm heading out to CM17 with plan to launch a new adventure trailer, going by "Phalcon Trailers". Their initial build is just about finished (finished enough to unveil at CM17 I guess). Keep an eye out for them, San Diego located, and really good dudes you'd love to support. We will be at Slickrock as well, Weds through Sun.

Yea, I'm about 5-6 years from throwing in the corp towel. Not sure how much of that will be here in Atlanta vs. moving out to Fort Collins. Just depends on the job situation. Less here would be better for sure. I have no need for a camper here in the SE, but definitely will want something when we get out there. For us, 99% of the time there would be just two of us and we'd do some long trips covering a lot of miles. the KK just seems like the perfect blend of quality, size and being able to pull into a garage is such a nice feature. Thanks for the info.

Is this a popup type or something more like the KK? My wife, for irrational reasons, wants a hard side camper... bears are out there you know :cautious: I may be heading out to CM so perhaps we can meet up then.

Not sure which one you are talking about, here is a video on the Karavan

Here is a thread on my old Kimberley Kamper. This is a 2002 and the newer ones have more features

Thats the one. Appreciate the links. Wife is a little concerned with the interior size but one day we'll see one in person maybe and make some decisions. I really like the larger versions of the KK but the no garage thing is an issue. At least I have some time to figure it out.

Those lithium jump packs are amazing. Most have USB ports too for charging too. Every vehicle should have one.

I agree. In fact, I have 2 I keep with me all the time - an XP10 and a cheaper one as a backup. I end up using one of them about once a month to jump other people, and they're great to have along for charging phones and laptops.

I agree. In fact, I have 2 I keep with me all the time - an XP10 and a cheaper one as a backup. I end up using one of them about once a month to jump other people, and they're great to have along for charging phones and laptops.

I have a GB70 and a GB150. Things are amazing.

J

I finally got around to installing my Trail Toys NSA switch system that uses a remote control to turn on and off accessories. I also added a Blue Sea 150 amp circuit breaker and a bus bar for the grounds. Now I can add accessories with one quick connection to an empty hot lead and ground and I'm done. It works very well and another cool feature is the ability to have all connected accessories turn on and off at once with a button push. Now when I hear a scary noise while camping I can flick on the spot lights, flood lights, light bar, scene lights and reverse lights all once. Should give whatever raccoon or deer is wandering the campsite a good scare :D

IMG_2169.JPG
IMG_2176.JPG
IMG_2180.JPG

I finally got around to installing my Trail Toys NSA switch system that uses a remote control to turn on and off accessories. I also added a Blue Sea 150 amp circuit breaker and a bus bar for the grounds. Now I can add accessories with one quick connection to an empty hot lead and ground and I'm done. It works very well and another cool feature is the ability to have all connected accessories turn on and off at once with a button push. Now when I hear a scary noise while camping I can flick on the spot lights, flood lights, light bar, scene lights and reverse lights all once. Should give whatever raccoon or deer is wandering the campsite a good scare :D

View attachment 1447465 View attachment 1447466 View attachment 1447467
Or squatch

Had the LC detailed and coated in Ceramic Pro 9H. Should make it much easier to clean up after fun off road. Offers some scratch protection too.

You're going to love th Ceramic Pro. Running that right now and couldn't be happier after each outing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom