What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (78 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Changed the fuel filters...looks like I have a rusty tank. At least they did their job
20170423_133536.jpg

Rust or a whole lotta 'Outback' sucked in there :hmm:

Rebuilt the starter solenoid on my 1999 Hundy.

Fairly productive day. Weather cooperated too!

Epoxy primed tub.
34029509702_76c90c331e_z.jpg

34187761475_a1943d3736_z.jpg

34187762795_67456bfcce_z.jpg

Waited 90 minutes for it to flash and then sprayed the Raptor liner (should equal a great chemical bond b/w the layers). Did two coats waiting ~hour in between. Used 3 (kit contains 4) bottles so I've got 1 left to do other misc pieces (trans tunnel, etc.).

Very happy with how this stuff goes on. Crazy easy and looks pro!

34029513982_0e288bc757_z.jpg

34029516182_9de1e88bb9_z.jpg

33802655780_bc88b0f812_z.jpg

34146117736_352e170672_z.jpg

34146119566_d411e29806_z.jpg
Looks good. Nice work! Spray with a shutz gun?

Updated the exhaust system. The Man-A-Fre split headers were dumped into two pipes then merged into a turbo muffler. The muffler was to loud and the twin pipes took up a lot of room so I purchased a new down pipe from BTB Products. The new down pipe was supposed to bolt right up to the headers but one side was to long and held the other off from the header by 3/4" and the direction of the down pipe was to far towards the passenger side making muffler installation almost impossible. So the installer had to completely remake one side so it would fit properly. The Magnaflow muffler is quieter with a deeper sound and doesn't have the shrillness of the turbo muffler I did have.

As an aside, the Man-A-Fre split headers do fit extremely well but the ceramic coating is rusting off, started within 6 months of installation. Needless to say I have written Man-A-Fre and BTB Products off.

Thanks for the heads up, bought a 2-1 pipe for the Man-A-Fre header but I think it to is Man-A-Fre. Reminds me I need to do some text fitting ASAP!

Thanks for the heads up, bought a 2-1 pipe for the Man-A-Fre header but I think it to is Man-A-Fre. Reminds me I need to do some text fitting ASAP!

You will need to test fit. Maybe the one I have was a screw-up from the maker.

Finished a couple of projects and took the teen out to teach him to drive. Might as well learn with a manual transmission.

Bumper from @lcwizard LED's and new brake booster from @Racer65 and finished the Saginaw conversion with parts from @orangefj45

IMG_8104.JPG

@roma042987 how ironic that your post is just above mine, page 13 of your thread helped get things positioned properly with my hardtop install. Also @overton, @imyahucklbrry and @sterling for help as well with my hardtop install. Now I will refurb and install new OEM weatherstrips on my ambulance doors................

Headliner3.jpg

Top1.jpg

Top2.jpg

Top3.jpg

Top4.jpg

@roma042987 how ironic that your post is just above mine, page 13 of your thread helped get things positioned properly with my hardtop install. Also @overton, @imyahucklbrry and @sterling for help as well with my hardtop install. Now I will refurb and install new OEM weatherstrips on my ambulance doors................

View attachment 1446799

View attachment 1446800

View attachment 1446801

View attachment 1446802

View attachment 1446803
Looking good sir.What suspension set up are you running?

@tls3601 Got a good looking truck there! I've got the same emergency brake :rolleyes:
Did you paint the steelies? Color?

Been busy yesterday and today. (And my back is feeling it!)

I started off cleaning up the wiring and making it look neater then started painting the engine compartment. A PO sprayed three color trunk paint and it looked horrible. I cleaned off what I could and sprayed over the rest. I installed a new air compressor for the air horns, ran new air line and moved the horns off the hood and put them in a more proper location. (I really enjoy the horns. A short blast will get even a deaf persons attention.) Now that April is just around the corner and the temperatures look to be getting warmer, I removed the soft top and installed the bikini top. Hope I don't regret that. Next, finish spraying the engine compartment, right front and bib, then some general cleaning.

View attachment 1430083 View attachment 1430084 View attachment 1430085 View attachment 1430086
What seats are those (front and rear)? I am looking to replace mine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom