I need a huge favor, can someone show me a pic of their LC with just the front bumper off? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys wondering if someone could help me, google or youtube didn't have anything. I completely dismantle the front and i think my gf accidentally threw a bracket away or something, i need to know where everything goes back. I tried searching on here and i haven't had any luck. TIA

I took some pics when I recently installed an ARB bumper. If you want to pm a cell number I can text them to you.

Oh sweet brother thanks so much, pm on the way.

IMG_0240.JPG

Thanks guys, I have another problem now, the hood latch won't open the hood. I'd pull on the lever inside the cabin but it seems like the cable needs to be tighten or something, I don't hear a "pop" anymore, it's just soft all the way through, I managed to take off the hatch assembly itself and not sure how to fix it. Maybe wd 40? I don't have a way of shortening the hood cable.

You shouldn't need to shorten it. Did you mess with the latch prior to it not working?

Perhaps it popped off the mechanism and just needs to be reconnected. Do you have access to the FSM?

You shouldn't need to shorten it. Did you mess with the latch prior to it not working?

Perhaps it popped off the mechanism and just needs to be reconnected. Do you have access to the FSM?

Unfortunately i don't have access to an FSM. I took the latch unit out and found it corroded, the retainer spring took quite a lot of pull to release the latch, i ended up just buying one on ebay, for $16 shipped. Not sure why it stopped working all of a sudden, all i can say is i'm glad my bumper was off, because i really would be in a jam trying to open the hood.

Theres a free FSM download for a 2004 LC in the FAQs. Hood latch system should be the same across all years. Get the FSM and diagnose. Always remember to read the FAQs.

Theres a free FSM download for a 2004 LC in the FAQs. Hood latch system should be the same across all years. Get the FSM and diagnose. Always remember to read the FAQs.

I'll check that out, thanks. I'm kinda new here, i made an account a few months ago but it was mainly used for stalking you guys. I'm ready to start restoring my LC now, and is still learning how everything works. I'm coming from the sports car scene so it's a bit different. I want to get rock sliders next but they're god awful expensive, i stumbled upon "rocky road rock sliders" at a much more reasonable price, but after a search i see one member got his sliders after 3 months. I just got 18" wheels and putting 275/70/18 General Grabber AT2 on that, so sliders are next, maybe bumper in the near future once i see how addicted i am to wheeling.

I'll check that out, thanks. I'm kinda new here, i made an account a few months ago but it was mainly used for stalking you guys. I'm ready to start restoring my LC now, and is still learning how everything works. I'm coming from the sports car scene so it's a bit different. I want to get rock sliders next but they're god awful expensive, i stumbled upon "rocky road rock sliders" at a much more reasonable price, but after a search i see one member got his sliders after 3 months. I just got 18" wheels and putting 275/70/18 General Grabber AT2 on that, so sliders are next, maybe bumper in the near future once i see how addicted i am to wheeling.
Check out cruisin' offroad sliders. They're a canadian company, but with the exchange rate right now, they're selling for like $620.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom