What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (20 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed privacy curtain suspension wires in the cabin. Used 1/16" wire rope with turnbuckles for tension. My copilot is handy with a sewing machine and ought to have curtains next week.

Installed privacy curtain suspension wires in the cabin. Used 1/16" wire rope with turnbuckles for tension. My copilot is handy with a sewing machine and ought to have curtains next week.

Love to see pics of that.

Rubbed her fender to fender like a horny teenage boy ogling a Vickis catalog. Yeah I'm a chick but I can only get away w/ comments like that here! Forgive me if it's too much for some of you.

From the right to the left.... Side cover and new gasket reinstalled. Reinstalled alt bracket and alt. Reinstalled recurved diz (rotor is pointing where she was when I removed the diz).
Removed Volvo power steering pump and the bracket. Put the new to me graciously fresh painted stock pump onto the bracket w/ the pulley from @JustinJawbreaker. Waiting for my early bday present to me, a battery powered torque wrench to charge up so I can tighten the pulley nut and get the pump installed.
Getting there!

View attachment 1437675

View attachment 1437676

View attachment 1437839
Looking good!!

Steamed cleaned the entire engine bay, installed new water pump, new starter, prepped some old parts with primer, and shot some bling on the VC ... red was the same price as silver or black... why not, right?

IMG_0317.JPG
IMG_0320.JPG
IMG_0321.JPG
IMG_0326.JPG
IMG_0335.JPG

Did absolute jack to her other than change the oil and air filter.
Was hoping this would be the weekend that I would be able to swap carbs to try and diagnose my high idle issue but after 10hr days both days of doing drywall, mud, tape, and shoveling insulation I had nothing left.

Did absolute jack to her other than change the oil and air filter.
Was hoping this would be the weekend that I would be able to swap carbs to try and diagnose my high idle issue but after 10hr days both days of doing drywall, mud, tape, and shoveling insulation I had nothing left.

That's what coffee is for right? I just read excuses...:flipoff2:

Checked out a local trail yesterday. Red Canyon Park is a Canon City CO owned park. It is just north of Canon City off what turns into Shelf Road. The trail thru the park (CR24) eventually crosses into BLM ground and finally turns into State Rte 69 which dead ends on US Rte 50 just west of Canon City.

There is a network of out and back side trails off CR24. Terrain is rimrock hills, red rock formations and gulches. It is pinyon/juniper forest.

The photos are from BLM ground, trail number 5830B. It climbs the north side of a hill. The south side is a rimrock edge. The 1st is looking south across the valley traversed by SR 69 with the Wet Mtns in the distance. The 2nd view is looking NE from the same spot. The 3rd is to the north - can just see the snow covered summit of Pikes Peak in the distance.

Photos taken from Google Earth coordinates: 38°33'45.61" N 105°16'10.96" W

001.jpg

002.jpg

011.jpg

Last edited:
That's what coffee is for right? I just read excuses...:flipoff2:
The way that my arms and shoulders feel today I need something MUCH stronger than coffee. One thing is for sure, I will NEVER be giving up alcohol for LENT again! Especially in situations like this where we purchase a new business, work on the house, etc. At this point all I want is a hot tub and a VERY LARGE Double IPA....:crybaby:

The way that my arms and shoulders feel today I need something MUCH stronger than coffee. One thing is for sure, I will NEVER be giving up alcohol for LENT again! Especially in situations like this where we purchase a new business, work on the house, etc. At this point all I want is a hot tub and a VERY LARGE Double IPA....:crybaby:

60 meeting will be happening at your place once the hot tub is in place.

I feel your pain @gregnash, I had to modify the way I crush meds at work today after all the holding things in place w/ my left arm this weekend...
And @LittleRedWgon, I love that red. Much more brilliant than mine tho I intended mine to be slightly faded out on the sides. If I could have splatter painted it w/ my son I would have but I was worried it would get too messy.
And your steam cleaned engine bay has me super green w/ envy. ;)

Yeah 10hrs for 2days up and down a 16' ladder with drywall, OSB, various implements of construction/destruction plus bending over in a smallish truss/attic area and shoveling OLD insulation to get to sections that need to be replaced makes for some very sore shoulders, hands, arms, abs and whatnot today. God I cant wait for this place to be finished!

So, counting a long weekend, managed to get the new rear sway bar extensions from MAF installed:

IMG_6978.jpg

I have the heavy duty ones for the front, but that will wait until I install a new ac compressor and I have the front wheels off.

Also received a new wheel and tire from Discount Tire, mounted and balanced and ready to go on in place of the wheel I chewed up a couple of weeks ago when it came off at 55 mph (there's a thread in here documenting that experience...). Here's the back of the old wheel:

IMG_6977.jpg

I have been running it for short distances, checking the torque on the lugs constantly and they have held well. I figure it's okay for emergencies and short distances, so I replaced the old spare in the original pulley mount under the truck. I had to persuade the bracket a little with a 2lb hammer and some channel pliers, but it worked and it tucks up in there beautifully. Is it a permanent fix? No, but it still sits higher than the rear diff and will do until I get a swing-out tire carrier...

IMG_6979.jpg

I know not everyone agrees but I do like the way it sits on 33x12.5s. However, if I could do it over again, I would get 10.5s.

IMG_6981.jpg

Finally, I ordered up a newish (used) washer fluid motor, as mine hasn't worked in years. Unfortunately, after washing out the reservoir and cleaning the filters, the new motor didn't do anything different. More troubleshooting required. I did get a nice new reservoir cap, though, courtesy of CruiserParts.net, and a new horn pin that I'll have to get around to on another weekend.

IMG_6980.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom