Gov attempting to sell 3.3m acres of national land (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I imagine the west eventually becoming like my home state of KS. Nearly 0 public land. Smh.

I imagine the west eventually becoming like my home state of KS. Nearly 0 public land. Smh.

That knife cuts both ways.

The ecology fanatics have a small army of lawyers. When they sue the feds under the Endangered Species Act and Clean Water Act and win, the taxpayer pays their legal bills. The taxpayers pay the legal bills for BLM and FS to contest the lawsuit (if they bother to do so) win or lose. They burn a chunk of budget in court - money that could be used to maintain 4WD trails and other features. Thanks to this, motorized access to public land is lost every year.

There are three "Wilderness Study Areas" a half hour drive from me. The fanatics claim they are vital to provide "corridors" for the critters to move from point A to point B. Since they cannot read MVUM maps and signs, I'm confused as to how the critters can tell the difference between plain old BLM or FS land and wilderness.

RRs are the true land nazis... Got a 40 acre family farm along a river with a RR track through it. In order for to cross the RR tracks we have to request an Easement from the RR costing about $5k in legal fees. Well worth it though! Bottom portion of the farm is a where the real fun is. Just takes time doing all the legal stuff.

you may be interested in knowing CHINA owns several national parks and lots of partial states, something you dont read in USA today

you may be interested in knowing CHINA owns several national parks and lots of partial states, something you dont read in USA today
Do you have a credible citation for this?

This is an issue every American should be innately passionate about and extends far beyond politics. Privatization and/or monetization of the remaining public land in the western United States is a real issue, and should strike up anger in you. It is public land that is being exploited for the interests of private companies and the politicians who use their bribes to get or stay in office for personal gain.

Last edited:

This is an issue every American should be innately passionate about and extends far beyond politics. Privatization and/or monetization of the remaining public land in the western United States is a real issue, and should strike up anger in you. It is public land that is being exploited for the interests of private companies and the politicians who use their bribes to get or stay in office for personal gain.

I greatly appreciate having access to public land. However, the West is generally 50% publicly owned which I think is a bit much. This gives more people the opportunity to own their own land which I think is a bigger deal. Home ownership is way too low.

I greatly appreciate having access to public land. However, the West is generally 50% publicly owned which I think is a bit much. This gives more people the opportunity to own their own land which I think is a bigger deal. Home ownership is way too low.

This isn't home ownership, you're kidding right?

These are Canadian and Chinese companies mining this land on federal leases. Federal leases which are being granted at prices lower than the contributions that the companies made to the INDIVIDUAL Utah Senator's campaigns who proposed it. Public land isn't going to be privatized for you as an individual to get some benefit from it, portions of it are going to get deregulated and destroyed by foreign mining interests so you and your kids don't have a place to recreate. All so a couple of senators can rake in dough to stay in office.

Good Lord man, did you grow up in Idaho? With the Texas Oil Tycoons buying up Idaho private land and shutting down public roads, all so they can shut down public areas and put 20+ million dollar homes on it I'd think you'd have more of an objective opinion about losing your recreational areas at the same time.

I have many good friends in Idaho, and their biggest complaint right now is Californivasion of Boise and Coeur D'Alene. I get that property prices have gone way up - we had the invasion 30 years ago and again 10 years ago, I feel your pain. But to somehow think anyone has your best interests in mind as they open up public land to foreign mining companies is...Man I don't know. It's sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom