anybody have one of these radiators???? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sorry man, that radiator won't work because the hoses are reversed. The upper radiator hose goes on the right, whereas the lower radiator hose goes on the bottom.

Ok what 3 core radiator will work?

A three row from an early 80s diesel will drop right in.

Disclaimer, you have a 1982. The information below is for 1984+ and I don't know how compatible it will be with your truck.

If you want a 3-row look for a Modine 2041 equivalent. I currently have a 2-row, but the cores are much wider. Thickness on mine, while only 2-row, is the same thickness as a 3-row. My engine never gets hot in the desert. I would pay more attention to the core size, than the number of cores.

Also, this is from a post I made a few years ago:

"Radiator. When I installed my new engine I replaced the radiator. The options were all brass, or plastic/aluminum. The guy at the radiator shop asked me if I off-road, and I told him yes. He told me to stay away from the plastic/al because the stress of twisting the truck will wreck the radiator. I went brass."

And, from another post on the same subject from this thread, Radiator for 88 4Runner 4cl, mt, ac:

"Historically I've run a Modine 2041, or equivalent, 3-row core radiator. The last time I went to the radiator shop the 2041 equal was stupid money. They sold me a 2-row core radiator that was almost as thick as the 2041. The only difference was the 2-rows were in the same space as the 3-rows. The part number might have been 147CBR, $260."

I put a CSF2314 in mine a couple of years ago, it is a 3-row and is built well, all brass. Except the drain is kinda cheezy.

Why do you wanna swap in a 3 core?
Cause Im running hot at highway speeds with the ac on. I have rebuilt motor new t stat 4 yr old radiator

any leads to finding a diesel radiator im cant seem to find one online

A radiator won't fix your problem. I'm running a 2 row rad with a 8274 in front of it and can run 65-70 mph all day long with the A/C, which I have going from Washington to Utah without any problems.

A radiator won't fix your problem. I'm running a 2 row rad with a 8274 in front of it and can run 65-70 mph all day long with the A/C, which I have going from Washington to Utah without any problems.
Ok what will? and what is an 8274?

8274 = Warn's most bad ass winch.

Last edited:
This is the front end of my truck. The grill is fairly well blocked by the winch, an 8274 warm upright. I would check your fan clutch and make sure it's stopping as it should as that'll cause problems.

20170330_102106.jpg

stopping? how can I check that?

You should be able to hear it engage every so often, especially when it's warm/hot. I agree that your fan clutch could be the culprit.

Have someone start the engine and watch your fan. Have them turn it off and see how quick it stops. IIRC it should stop almost immediately. It also should not spin freely when turning it if the engine is cold and hasn't been started and once warm it should have a little resistance when trying to spin it.

Ok Now its pushing radiator fluid into the overflow bottle and its not going back into the radiator when cooling off any ideas?

Check the head gasket?

Time to run a leak down test.

better not be a head gasket it a new motor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom