FJ60 Speedo work on HJ60? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Where can I find documentatiin that an FJ60 Speedometer would work with an HJ60, 24V, 2H motor? Can it even be done?
Thank you for any info!

IMG_1218.PNG

I'm pretty sure it wont work. It doesn't work with the 40 series 12v vs 24v.
I assume there is some kind of a voltage step down unit in the back of the speedo if you can locate it you could probably transplant it from your original speedo and solder it to the fj60 speedo.

Lights only the cable should work

I think you just change the globes

Yep just change the globes

All you need to do is replace the bulbs.....

Well, all! I done it! With a little help from a friend o mine.
The MPH, 12V assembly came with a harness that was supposed to hook to the harnesss of my 24v system but since my harness only consisted of two light bulbs, all we had to do was swap out the housings, because my original housing was "modified" for my specific HJ60V cluster, just 5 #1-sized phillips screws, gently push the trip meter knob through the transparent window, swapity-swap the odometer KPH with the MPH, screw back in assembly to housing, attach housing to cluster, plug lights and speedo cable into assembly/housing and re-install cluster into dash and VIOLA! Worky-worky! BUT! It's 5mph off from what my GPS says I'm travelling at; speedo says "10mph" and GPS say "you only goin' 5mph ol' man. I'm good wid it coz it'll keep Smokey off my tail (like my SAF truck has to worry 'bout that).
BL: It's in and it works. Just changed the bulbs like you all said. Thanks for sharing this experience and all your inputs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom