Scored 2007 LC w/174K AHC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Second row jump seat bushing replacement.
2nd row seat PS hinge.jpg
003.JPG
006.JPG
005.JPG

More repair needed do to previous work done. Ashtray/window switch housing rear catch/clip broken. This was apparently broken while replacing PS door rear window at some time. Tech must have just pulled stright up at rear of housing breaking hook, then tried to glue back on/in. I just replaced with new house from Dealer.
ash tray housing new.JPG
The rear hook was a solid plastic stationary piece, not meant to be pull up while hooked.
Door ashtray - switch bezel PS rear.JPG

Last edited:
I also just moved from a 2001 into a 2007. Any idea if we can get away with the 2001 FSM's or are there too many differences?

Replace missing luggage rack cover:
Our lite Snow storm sure was dirty. Too think, as kids we ate with milk, sugar & vanilla extract YUM.
014.JPG
Missing cover, luggage rack center side support cover.JPG

I replaced this broken seal retainer with new, it's anchors by rivets that aren't on my 01LC. It covers B pillar between front & rear doors.
Door seal retainer PS rear..JPG

Last edited:
Replacing bleeder cap(s) that are missing or cracked is always a good idea. I'm sure, anyone that's dealt with a frozen bleeder would agree:
035.JPG

Re-inspect boots & coolant system for leaks, all good.

Also oil dip stick tube leaks no more, looks like O-ring did the trick.
no oil leak, dip stick after repair (2).JPG

Zero leaks is as all 100 series as it should be :)

Last edited:
You can grease in place, but factory grease holds in pretty well from what I saw. Too much grease will attract sand. High pressure air helps when cleaning seats in or out. The issue is more with crud/dirt/sand. Which the area between console is the worst and can only effectively be cleaned with seat out.
After vacuumed, with carpet foam clean applied:
View attachment 1429323
After lite cleaning.
View attachment 1429325

It is a 15 minute job pulling out. Spread plastic covers, from back along seat rails releasing rear pins/clips, then pull straight out release front pin/clips. Remove 4 bolts. Lift front and prop up with piece of wood, so you can disconnect wire housing(s) and release tie strap (don't remove just release with small prob inserted into back.
View attachment 1429326Here you can see Screw mechanism which has grease on as well as rials. Both must be keep clean.
View attachment 1429329 Older 100's have only one wire block housing, this 07 had three.
Thank you for sharing all this valuable info, greatly appreciated!

Your welcome @Couvi

what is the part number for the luggage rack cover?.

Thanks
63496-60040 Cover, Roof Rack LE 408 2005-2007 L/C $24.85 list - $18.64 WS

Heater blower inspection & cleaning. No rodents in this one thankfully.
How hard is it to remove the heater blower and replace? There is an LC near me and the seller says it's failed. I'd done a search on here and didn't really find anything, so it seems uncommon for them to fail... Just curious what I'm in for if I buy that one... :)

How hard is it to remove the heater blower and replace? There is an LC near me and the seller says it's failed. I'd done a search on here and didn't really find anything, so it seems uncommon for them to fail... Just curious what I'm in for if I buy that one... :)
One wire housing to unplug and three screws, couldn't be easier.

The LC near you: It could be something has jamb the fan, bad fuse, fan motor bushings froze (make squealing sound prior to bushing ceasing), wire unplugged at housing , fan switch bad, electrical issue like ground or sensor not giving proper single.

Look close at cooling system hoses including heater hoses at fire wall for swelling (sign of overheating), and coolant level. Coolant temp & level effect when fan comes on.

Thanks @jerryb.
You're welcome @Delmer.

The Redbaron is coming along nicely. I strive for showroom ready, meaning as it was in 2007 and ready to go coast to coast. Naturally I can't get 100% at reasonable cost, nor can I predict what part may fail down the road. I've done many little things like repairing & replacing bad bolts or missing screws, I've not listed on broad. In fact I'm buying a new tap (didn't have correct size) to clean threads for a bolt I've on order. I'm also ordering one more bolt I found busted last night. My parts guy is cool with even the smallest $2.00 parts I order. Like I've said; I spend a great deal of time correcting what others have done wrong, and it all starts with inspecting. This rig is by far the cleanest I've worked, I'd put it side by side with The King (my 01LC), once I'm done.

Once I've gotten these rigs under control, they should only need factory PM schedule with a few of my personal tweaks to PM. Sure stuff will still fail, but not because of poor PM or workmanship.

A slight change in plans:

I'm working up a new parts list for Timing Belt. T-belts is not due for another ~10K, but going to go-head and do now.
May do fan bracket while in there, not at bad idea at 173K miles.
May also do new spark plugs which helps protect coils When to replace Ignition coils. and puts plugs on same PM schedule with T-belt (90K miles).

Plus I'm going too do balance of fluids, they're also are not due yet, but will baseline them all now anyway with synthetic. Here is where I'm going to really misses the dip stick of our older (pre 04) transmission, they're so easy to flush these are not.

Looks like I may not be prefecting body paint and interior. Was kind of looking forward to seeing a shine that look as if I could put your hand into. Like @Manhattan & @landylover21 the two best I've ever seen on a 100 series.

It's probable best, as then my girl would never forgive for not giving to her if she saw that.
It's her favorite color and she has know idea how beautiful this pearl would buff-out.:worms:

Last edited:
More details please, is this the cure for shaky seats? Or just a part your OCD wouldn't let you pass up?
Yes it did "help" with "shaky seat" sound from vibrating at this one point.

Restoration = OCD to some I suppose.

For me restoration means even the smallest parts brought back to within factory spec. I replaced these because seat was rocking in hinge. Eventually these old plastic bushing would have completely failed, leaving metal to metal. Then it would produce a nasty metal to metal clank, damaging the more expensive hinge & pin. PM is about, spending pennies on small stuff. And yes in this case it's was also part of chasing chatter & squeaks to get a nice quite ride.

Shaky seat or leather rubbing squeaking from vibration:

One of the issues in all 100 series has always been; seat leather rubbing. Perfect wheel/tire balance will stop vibration, and reduce or eliminate "shaky seat" sounds more than anything. The stock 100 series tires/wheels are very difficult to balance. Once a prefect balance on stock tires/wheels is achieved you'll not hear "shaky seat" bad seat bushing or not.

I use a tire shop with 5/150 finger plate & Toyota cone hub on a Road Force balancing machine, to get very best wheel balance I can. This helps more than anything with "shaky seat". The difficult parts is finding a tech that can properly use machine. At a Discount tire near me they have one, but maybe 2 out of 10 tech know how to use.

Many Toyota Dealers have this equipment as they learned long ago how difficult our stock 100 series wheels are to balance.

I also just moved from a 2001 into a 2007. Any idea if we can get away with the 2001 FSM's or are there too many differences?
You can use your 2001 on many specs, but at minimum will need to supplement with online https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInf...nfpb=true&_pageLabel=ti_home_search_docs_page. As the 06-07 have many differences like with T-body, intake manifold, VVti heads, transmission, charcoal canister etc...

Last edited:
Regarding T-Belt R&R parts list,

Will you be using all genuine Toyota parts, or mixing in Denso parts where applicable etc. I'm slowly acquiring my parts for the TB job I'll be doing later this year- and planned on genuine T parts, even though could save some $$ with Denso, Aisin alternates.

Post your parts list if you get a chance. Would be a good reference point.

Regarding T-Belt R&R parts list,

Will you be using all genuine Toyota parts, or mixing in Denso parts where applicable etc. I'm slowly acquiring my parts for the TB job I'll be doing later this year- and planned on genuine T parts, even though could save some $$ with Denso, Aisin alternates.

Post your parts list if you get a chance. Would be a good reference point.
Toyota Dealer Parts only is my plan. I buy 98% of my parts from Toyota Dealer.

Whereas I'm ok with using some aftermarket, and Dense & Aisin are what Toyota uses in many application. I've had & heard of issue with boot leg products/parts. I trust my local Toyota Dealer for the few dollars more that it may cost, especially when it comes to mission critical applications. That said, even Toyota Dealer has defective parts now-an-then but it's rare.

Pull the console trim to remove the controller & wires that belong to headrest DVD, and terminate the hot & ground wires for it. Also pulled the chrome trim off from around shifter, since chrome is peel off.

006.JPG
I've don't remove boot any longer. I've found it is much easier to just twist off knob of Hi LOW shifter
016.JPG
017.JPG
018.JPG
028.JPG

Last edited:
082.JPG

084.JPG

Fuse box and connection plug to power headrest DVD:
065.JPG

Found a couple of cool wire splicers. I was able too used them as terminator, for power & ground of DVD tap.
120.JPG
124.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom