1991-1994 transmissions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hello mudders. I have a question about the early model 80 series transmissions. I know after 94 the transmission was changed. But, do the 91, 92, and 93 have the same trans as the 94? Can the 94 trans be swapped into a 91-93 car?
Thanks
Sheldon

93-94 and some oddball 95's are a442f electronically controlled transmissions with solenoids... although the do come from same a440 family IIRC 91-92 or not electronic with no solenoids..

93-94 and some oddball 95's are a442f electronically controlled transmissions with solenoids... although the do come from same a440 family IIRC 91-92 or not electronic with no solenoids..
Awesome. Thanks for the info. If you used the trans computer, electronics and selinoids... could you put one into a 91-92?

Awesome. Thanks for the info. If you used the trans computer, electronics and selinoids... could you put one into a 91-92?

With enough time, effort and $$$ anything could be done, the question would be why?

With enough time, effort and $$$ anything could be done, the question would be why?

I have a 94 trans for sell. And a couple people have asked about if they could swap it into a 91. Because they have their trans starting to go out on them. And wanted to go with the better 94 trans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom