FJ40/80 Project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

Guys, I currently own a BJ40 and a HDJ80, and I want my 40 series with the engine/transimssion/transfer and suspension of my 80 series.

These are the jewels:

VOXkrFM.jpg

Qgpl92S.png

I have seen that this has been made:

Fj40/80 hybrid

I want to start the project but I want to get more information about it...

I am not really sure where to cut the frame to fit the 40 series body. I imagine that the cut has to be between the suspension rods? In that way the axles will stay in the same place.
Also... The back part of the frame has to be cut as well?

What if I pass the engine,transmission and transfer to the 40s frame then adapt the suspension supports, rods and axles? Won't be easier ?

I need some guidance on this please. Pics will be preferred.

Thanks,

Rob.

Which ever way you do it will be a lot of work, if try to put the FJ40 body on the 80 series the body is not wide enough, the chassis is too wide, too long and the fj40 body will be too high off the ground.

If you do what I did and put the 80 series suspension parts on the 40 series chassis, not only is the body work not a problem, you can pick up 6" in the wheel base without effecting the fj40 body.

You should have a look at my build, shows the suspension work from bare frame to completed drive away.

Or you could cheat a little like I am done for my sister FJ40 build, get hold of a RJ70 or LJ70, 40 series body is a perfect fit, comes with coil suspension, steering box in the right position, 6" longer wheel base.

T-salesfolder07d.jpg

Everytime I see a basket 40 I always think of this with a open diff 1FZ since both are CL items.

I always thought if I drag home a 40 I'd start in the 40 forum, and between that & plain blazing my own path for the rest.
Not any help, but maybe the 40 guys can steer you at someone who's been there before - this can't be new territory.

Why ? You have two very highly desirable trucks , why cut them up ?!

Because not our pink slips & Dan has the museum covered.

2 eggs < bitchin' omelette

His 40 & 80, his perogative (and frankly a fun project!) - I doubt you'd knock the finished product, right? -Even if, it's his stuff.-

Hi guys, I will end selling my HJ80, like watrob said, this may take a lot of work; he took 9 months.
I will sell my HDJ80 then get a 1HD-T later.
I will create my proyect post, once I have the money for it haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom