fuel cutting out? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have a 93 landcruiser that is cutting out or sputtering when driving. acts like a slug of water. been happening for 6 months. have run multiple engine treatments and heet water removers. is happening now just about every time driven. replaced fuel pump and filter,plug wires,distibutor cap,in case it was electrical miss. i'm out of ideas on causes and dring me crazy. any help would be appreciated. thanks

Have you had the injectors cleaned?

Codes would be the place to start, from there it could be as simple as a bad ground - possibilities are too wide as is.

thank u. at the risk of sounding stupid, can the codes be checked by flashes or do i need to go to a shop?

*If* you get the codes via the flash, do you have the ability to decode & act on them?

I only ask as you're new (welcome BTW) - and if you don't have experience, tools, a FSM, etc then maybe just take it to a buddy who can help you along.

Do you have familiarity with getting the codes out of your 80? Or found a thread here to help you along? If not, it would be counter productive to pull / clear codes when they may have logged & help.

Tools = working on motor yourself.

If you're paying to have the parts installed, let them pull your codes.
Or are you DIY'er?

thank u all. i am new. i really appreciate a site where you can get advice. i will take it to the shop and get the codes pulled. once again, thanks for the help.

Go get paper clip or wire and read your codes, why pay someone unless they do it for free, it is super easy just goggle it, then you count flashes I think it is in the FAQ too if you look

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom