Land Rover jump seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm really digging those seats @White Stripe! I've always thought of doing something similar with the 3rd row seats from the FJ80s. I think what you did here though is really nice. you have pics when they're both folded up?

I have 3 kids so needed 3 belts at times. I made the 80 3rd row seats work but really they are too wide. I cut out the wheel wells to fit them. Spring over allows it for tire clearance.

So I decided to lengthen the jump seat tubes more. This will allow them to tilt straight up when totally folded. As a consequence though the seats will be closer together when folded down and will make getting in and out a bit tougher.
20170312_162855-756x1008.jpg
20170312_101106-756x1008.jpg

Saw a post back a page or so talking about your old soft top vs best top, do you have any pics comparing the size? I have a best top but don't like the profile it gives my 40. Would like something lower, do you still have that old one? @White Stripe

Saw a post back a page or so talking about your old soft top vs best top, do you have any pics comparing the size? I have a best top but don't like the profile it gives my 40. Would like something lower, do you still have that old one? @White Stripe
No I sold it. But you could put a wanted ad in classifieds. I do still have my kayline doors. They are for sale.

Way better for occupants to face forward unless it is a really short ride which very few of my treks are................

How is the paint holding up? Is it wearing off anywhere?
I had trouble with it wearing b4 it fully cured which seemed to take months. So I had to touch up some spots. I am impatient when painting and probably put the coats on too thick with too little drying time between. But seems fine now. The painted plastic on the other hand is not very durable and scratches easily. But it is easy to touch up. At this point in time the seats still look great and you can't tell they didn't come stock with the black color. I do wish I had just waited though and sourced some black seats. But I got a good deal on them so that makes me feel better about it.

Wow I've always love this diy and the look and safety of the clean install that @White Stripe has done with the discovery seats.

So tonight I went down the rabbit hole of "research" aka web-dreaming, Craigslist then google images then YouTube. I was shocked to see how these seats actually operate.

Found a video, and at around 2:55mins in they show how they slide closed so the back of the third row folds down but instead of flipping them sideways like I assumed, then kind of slide in and upward??? Total surprise to me.

Is this how yours operate also?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, just kind of amazed at the engineering!

Did I mention I love this idea, also kinda digging the front seats from a disco since they have built in arm rests! I've seen in the 60 forums ppl have used rover seats in front, but don't think I've seen them in a forty.

Wow I've always love this diy and the look and safety of the clean install that @White Stripe has done with the discovery seats.

So tonight I went down the rabbit hole of "research" aka web-dreaming, Craigslist then google images then YouTube. I was shocked to see how these seats actually operate.

Found a video, and at around 2:55mins in they show how they slide closed so the back of the third row folds down but instead of flipping them sideways like I assumed, then kind of slide in and upward??? Total surprise to me.

Is this how yours operate also?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, just kind of amazed at the engineering!

Did I mention I love this idea, also kinda digging the front seats from a disco since they have built in arm rests! I've seen in the 60 forums ppl have used rover seats in front, but don't think I've seen them in a forty.

Thanks man glad u like them. If u have the ability to cut and weld then it's doable for anybody. My second rendition works very similar to that video. The first rendition was better for people to squeeze in between the seats yo get in from the back. My latest rendition will be harder for that but they fold a bit better. So if someone has kids or even adults always in the back then my first rendition if copied is better.

My seats have been modified since this thread. Here they are now. They have worked out great for my needs. Rather than mount to the floor they now mount to the roll cage. Also rather than be held up with straps when folded up, they now are held up with the original land Rover seat hook and stick to the roll cage. I also installed cup holders.
20170902_162502-756x1008.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom