Dave's 1978 FJ40 long restoration project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Checking in. finally got my new contacts after my Cataract surgery. I can see again like everyone else. I went back to work last week. It's amazing seeing normal again for the first time in 20 years. Colors are so vibrant and I can see so far now. Just want to say thank you to all of you that have been checking up on me. It's much appreciated.

So now you're really impressed?
:p

I just sent the new lot of parts in to the zinc plater, several months behind schedule. Won't be much longer now.

Did a mock up on the manifolds; not happy with the stock heat riser shield. I think you should order the SS one from SOR and have it drop shipped. It's waited this long, it can wait a little more.
IMG_1133.JPG

Got a little time this morning. Dug through my stash of 2F carb insulators and pulled out this jewel. It came out of a rolled'76FJ55 I parted out in 1989. IOW, low miles.
IMG_0042.JPG

Manifolds are on. Carburetor dressed. Now I need to find the accel linkage bracket so I can bolt on the carb. Also vacuum fittings and EGR block off plate.
IMG_0043.JPG

By the time I find them, the copper coat will have dried and the excess can be cleaned off.

Wait til you see the video of how okie Dave and okie Mark got the motor into the truck!:hillbilly::hillbilly:

Damn, the video is too out of focus. We ended up using the planks, plywood and a ratchet strap to get it onto the bed of the truck because Marc didn't have a cherry picker at home. That was a bitch to get onto the truck. :eek:

Wait til you see the video of how okie Dave and okie Mark got the motor into the truck!:hillbilly::hillbilly:

You should have been here when I moved the shipping container with 6 pipes and a wrecking bar!:censor:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom