Single KISS Drawer beta tester needed (80s) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruzerDave

Land Shark Outfitters
Threads
Website
landsharkoutfitters.com
I've designed a single, universal KISS Drawer and need (1) beta tester to confirm my design and installation instructions for 80 series. Please PM or email me at landsharkoutfitters aht geemail if you're interested.

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 11.08.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 11.09.03 AM.png

In general this is intended to be 'universal' so you would need to:
- Decide how you want to anchor it based on your needs. If you want to use the tried-and-true bolts through the frame that I use on the full set there will be pre-scored locations on the anchor pieces (orange circles below, showing both left and right locations), and you just need to drill them out and order the bolts. If you want to use turn-buckles, order those instead. I will be providing links to where to get examples of the various options for you to buy directly, which saves you money and me headaches (one-man-show-on-the-side remember)

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 11.09.14 AM.png

- Decide whether you want handles or blanks (above and below in orange). The backside of the front will be lightly scored in the shape of the handle cutout, and if you want a cutout you would buy a $5 coping saw and make that cut yourself (very easy). If you want blanks for your own handle, you source and attach the handles.

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 11.51.10 AM.png

- And of course decide how you want to finish and customize them ;)

- I will sell wing kits as well, and strongly recommend those be purchase with the drawer in order to save shipping costs.

I still need to work up dollars on all this, but will give the beta tester as much of a discount as possible in exchange for working with me to tweak anything, lots of photos, lots of feedback, and an honest review to folks on here.

These will be shipped as part of the next run, closing very soon, so you should have the drawer on your doorstep in 3-4 weeks.

Any questions others would have please post here, or PM/email me if you want to be that beta tester!

I do have to say I like how little wood you used on the sides and bottoms. Most people close those in adding a lot of extra weight.

So...is this a single drawer that spans the width of the cargo area or half of the cargo area?

I do have to say I like how little wood you used on the sides and bottoms. Most people close those in adding a lot of extra weight.
Glad you like it, the design mantra for these are 'keep it simple' after all and anyone can get the pieces to close those sides in cut from aluminum online, plywood at their local Home Depot, or whatever they come up with themselves in their garage on a Saturday afternoon ;)

So...is this a single drawer that spans the width of the cargo area or half of the cargo area?
Single standard KISS drawer - one side, works either side, you choose which during install.

Looks nice. Whats the estimated cost?

Dave what are the demension, I am interested in the single drawer option.

I have a couple beta volunteers, PM's sent, thanks guys. Answering some questions:

Dimensions: finished drawers are 42 x 21 x 10.5 tall. The drawer itself is identical to the full set so any mods, dimensions you see in the main threads still apply.

Sale price: $299 cash and pick up. Credit card and shipping: $100 in the continental US (dimensions driving that, so not as much savings as I hoped over the full drawer set).

Wing Kits: One wing kit, right or left, will be $50 and no shipping cost at the time of drawer order (they fit in the shipping box and contribute little weight). Later, shipping would be $50 because of the size/packaging needs.

Adding a 2nd drawer later: While this is technically possible, I don't currently plan to sell the bits because honestly it would cost you quite a bit more and be a pita on my mfg end. Shipping will also be painful doing it all over again, and with the tops rotated 90 degrees we can't reuse the one unless you want to drill it out leaving empty holes, so you're looking at 2 new tops to go full set, and then the wing bits... Honestly you're financially better off selling the single drawer on Craigslist to someone who doesn't know about the KISS Drawers/IH8MUD, and buying a full set.

Availability: I like to double-check everything, so let me get a set into the beta testers' hands and then these will be available in the next run, early May.

PM'd those who expressed interest but no one stepping up to pay yet (sorry I can't give away beta units folks, not a big R&D budget) so anyone interested please PM me.

I'd like to add these to the April run of drawers which closes this Friday...

Got the beta tester and we will be cutting and testing in a few weeks! I will update my signature (so easy to check any of these threads) once it is available, next run will be May...

Need a beta tester for an HZJ73 lol? It’d be about half as long
Thanks for the offer but nothing right now, I am moving houses this month and July. If you're close to Bend after that and want to swing through we can chat...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom