Wanted FJ40 4-Speed Bell Housing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NYIronPig

YES I have a problem...
SILVER Star
Threads
I am doing a swap from my old 3-speed to a 4-speed with matching T-Case. I need to find a bell housing to help make this install complete. Anyone have one for me? would love all the bolts if possible too. I am located in NY

Last edited:
Anyone?

Have plenty of them on the West Coast, if you can figure out how to ship. Have your drive lines also. PM if your interested. Thanks, John
DSC02848.JPG

Do you need the 2F or 3F stamped bellhousing. I have a 3F bellhousing sittingin the garage.

Will the 3F work for my project? Putting a 4-speed into the original F motor

Will the 3F work for my project? Putting a 4-speed into the original F motor

It will sort of work, but not recommended. Because the mounts are different from earlier FJ40, and you would need to fabricate a new crossmember.

What you really want is an early 4 speed bellhousing that has the mounting ears on the sides of the bellhousing, similar to the mounts on an F bellhousing. Buy from @pardion . It's heavy so shipping will cost a bit, but shouldn't be too bad.

Besides needing to source the L brackets and crossmember with a 3f bellhousing the transmission needs to have the threaded holes on the bottom. Then the 3F bellhousing rotates the transmission a little which brings up the question will this work with the L brackets and crossmember? Still trying to figure out which bellhousing Toyota used on the 4X series in 83 and 84 that had a five speed.

Ok, looks like I will keep the search going for the earlier 4-speed bellhousing. Have a line on a few, but if anyone else has one to sell hit me up!

Ok, looks like I will keep the search going for the earlier 4-speed bellhousing. Have a line on a few, but if anyone else has one to sell hit me up!

Besides the bellhousing I would get the inspection cover for the bottom as well. It's different than the one for the three speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom