1999 ran out of gas now no start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

you getting fuel to filter yet? if so might need to purge the fuel pressure tester port to relieve any air in system then go back to cycling key off on for a bit then do another purger the key cycle then resart attempt.

No fuel to the filter yet, where is this fuel pressure tester?

I'd like to try this before I finish taking out the pump

Looks like the # 4 & 5 are measuring open. I think they're supposed to read between .3 and 4 ohms. I think this might be it

IMG_3709.JPG

IMG_3710.JPG

IMG_3711.JPG

Thanks to planomateo for posting how to check that fuel pump, it looks like the culprit

Really big thanks to everyone who replied. I know you all are busy and I appreciate your time!

Last silly question for a while- Toyota fuel pump or is there another equivalent option?

I'd go OEM, and keep in mind that Jody Davis at Sunshine will give a 25% discount to MUD members with typically overnight availability. I'm not sure what else you should replace along with the pump (gaskets, pump filter, etc,) but you can ask her. Too bad you already replaced the fuel filter.....there's a new OEM one in the box of parts I still have for you!

OEM or at least Denso brand.

Glad you found your culprit.

Last edited:
As I am constantly wondering what might go wrong next - may I ask, what year and mileage is on your truck?
Thanks,

Gil

As I am constantly wondering what might go wrong next - may I ask, what year and mileage is on your truck?
Thanks,

Gil
1999 approximately 142000

I don't hear this part fails very often. I really think that running it out of gas is what killed it.

But hey if you have any other questions or want any specific pics let me know. It's all apart in the driveway. I'm waiting for parts from Amazon.

Running Like a top- the worst thing about the job was the new fuel line attached to the pump was a little long. I am a complete novice to this and i would say 45 minutes to get at the pump and vacum all the mud out and 15 minutes for the actual install.

Thanks to everyone for you time and advice!

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Good ending! And a very useful thread. Thanks for posting the issue/resolution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom