HD Front Recovery Points On My 2013 LC200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

gaijin

GOLD Star
Threads
After reading Brian's post here: https://forum.ih8mud.com/200-series-cruisers/687623-hd-front-recovery-points.html I contacted Brian and asked him to send me a set of these Tundra HD front recovery points to mount on my LC.

Brian sent them out right away and I finally got around to mounting them today.

Here is a pic of the OEM front recovery point in situ (Driver Side):

ToyotaLC200RecoveryOEM_04FEB13_zps72605df6.jpg

After removing the OEM piece, here is a pic of the two-piece OEM part (Left) next to the HD Tundra one-piece part (Right) and the only tool required to get the job done - 17mm socket and 1/2" bar:

ToyLC200RecoveryComparo_04FEB13_zps4e6254b7.jpg

The new piece bolted up without having to modify the plastic covers on the underside of the vehicle in any way - very nice! :) Here's a pic of the new HD piece in situ (Driver Side):

ToyLC200RecoveryNew_04FEB13_zpsc884c5a9.jpg

And a pic of both old (Passenger Side) and new (Driver Side) from the front:

ToyLC200RecoveryComparo2_04FEB13_zps2596e3d0.jpg

Just the new from the front (Driver Side):

ToyLC200RecoveryNew1_04FEB13_zps7bc75008.jpg

Just the old from the front (Passenger Side):

ToyLC200RecoveryOEM_04FEB13_zps85a7cf12.jpg

And both new HD Recovery Points mounted from the front:

ToyLC200RecoveryNew2_04FEB13_zps317224db.jpg

This is a one :banana: job for all you grease monkeys out there.

I am very pleased with the new parts and Brian is one of the good guys for offering these and providing excellent service.

:cheers:

Do you have a side profile pic of these? I'm concerned that they hang too low.

Thx
RT

Do you have a side profile pic of these? I'm concerned that they hang too low.

Thx
RT

It's tough to get a good pic at night in my garage, but here are two pics that might help give an idea of how low they are:

ToyLC200RecoverySideView_04FEB13_zps8e83f536.jpg

ToyLC200RecoverySideView2_04FEB13_zpsae8ac5ce.jpg

If the front "loop" went straight out instead of bending down, it would be about the same height as the stock recovery point.

Everything around these recovery points is either plastic or thin sheet metal. I'd much rather have high points in the road banging against these replaceable recovery points than those vulnerable bits. ;)

I guess my final thought on the height of these is that if they look too low, then one ought to be thinking about removing the recovery points altogether. Some Bull or "Nudge" bars mounted on the 200 Series require removal of the recovery points, so for some, no hardware down there is an acceptable option. Not for me, however.

Anyway, YMMV and there is certainly nothing "wrong" with the stock recovery points. But if I were pulling/being pulled by my front recovery points, I'd much rather have these HD parts than the stock ones. Simply a peace of mind issue.

HTH

Just a query
Could u weld recovery points onto a Delux ARB front bullbar down low on it ( got idea from a guy who welded hummer recovery points on a rear bar)
Considering the winch is used from it
Could and would it work or would bullbar pull off or cause major problems?
Probably a dumb question just thought it ask

I had these sitting around the garage. they came off my 2007 Tundra when I did the steel bumper upgrade. I installed them on 2013 LC. Easy mod. Torqued the bolts to 79ft-lb. Thanks for pictures.

hi can any one post their rear pictures not front pls for the 2 recovery
points pls

@motin if im understanding your request and youre questioning a rear recovery point then Have you thought about looking at a hitch mounted factory 55 recovery unit. If youre gonna wheel your truck then this an easy to access method versus digging around under your truck to hook up on the facotry mount. Plus your tow hitch is fixed to your frame so you know its a good strong point. If I misunderstood your question my bad.

IMG_1949.JPG

IMG_1950.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the super quick answer , what you offer is gd but I need additionally the original ones.

Reson is in my side I am working on giving a hand to evacuate cars after accidents and need some times to use cross belts.

Thanks

IMG_4879.JPG

IMG_4880.JPG

IMG_4882.JPG

Those pictured in your rear photos are tie downs for stabalizing the truck in a container during shipment from Japan to Merica.

Those pictured in your rear photos are tie downs for stabalizing the truck in a container during shipment from Japan to Merica.
I can see things going badly if someone were to use those for recovery, especially at an angle.

Gd mrng thanks very much again , in my left side I have the one I show you in the picture and on my right side in rear I have a bigger one same as in the front what do unsay about them ?

IMG_4883.JPG

IMG_4884.JPG

IMG_4885.JPG

IMG_4886.JPG

It's tough to get a good pic at night in my garage, but here are two pics that might help give an idea of how low they are:

ToyLC200RecoverySideView_04FEB13_zps8e83f536.jpg

ToyLC200RecoverySideView2_04FEB13_zpsae8ac5ce.jpg

If the front "loop" went straight out instead of bending down, it would be about the same height as the stock recovery point.

Everything around these recovery points is either plastic or thin sheet metal. I'd much rather have high points in the road banging against these replaceable recovery points than those vulnerable bits. ;)

I guess my final thought on the height of these is that if they look too low, then one ought to be thinking about removing the recovery points altogether. Some Bull or "Nudge" bars mounted on the 200 Series require removal of the recovery points, so for some, no hardware down there is an acceptable option. Not for me, however.

Anyway, YMMV and there is certainly nothing "wrong" with the stock recovery points. But if I were pulling/being pulled by my front recovery points, I'd much rather have these HD parts than the stock ones. Simply a peace of mind issue.

HTH
Glad there's a discussion on LC200 recovery points as I think I may be needing to use mine soon. Need help with 2 questions: 1) what is wrong with the 2 OEM recovery points on the front and 2) in the recovery points photographed above, why are there 2 loops? One small vertical and a larger horizontal one?

Lots of threads on this topic more recent than this one

One example

Many people smarter than me believe the stock 200 series points are stronger than the Tundra ones, even though the hoop on the Tundra point is larger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom