What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (96 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Upgrading the cooling system a little bit following my coolant flush last weekend.
#bluefanhub

2C62B56F-6D5E-48DA-906E-86EF055F7107_zpso8opkpgd.jpg

Ultimately I do want long-range. Reading the solo recovery thread and my tendency to go out alone mean it just might be a life-saving move.

Thanks for the advice.. a handheld CB is probably fine for what I'd end up using it for
APRS is great for that. If I failed to come home my wife would know exactly where to send rescue.

image.jpg
IMG_3506.JPG
Well I think its time to replace the head. Theres no coolant in the oil but plenty on the coolant. It never runs hot and we drive it 300 miles a week to our cabin.Gonna try this stuff and if it does not work, well it was broken to begin with.

Upgrading the cooling system a little bit following my coolant flush last weekend.
#bluefanhub

2C62B56F-6D5E-48DA-906E-86EF055F7107_zpso8opkpgd.jpg

What happened to your black hub? Just crack it open and put some 10,000 CS silicon oil in it....#blackhublives!
2017-03-23 11.39.18.jpg

Been looking into HAM.. but don't even have CB yet.

Anyone think there's any case for having both? Is communication among wheelers moving to FMRS or HAM to the point that CB wouldn't be worth the low cost?

I wish there wasn't a case for having both. The ham test is tougher in canada, so it's a bit harder sell to wheelers. Those of us that moved to ham radio love it, but to communicate with a group on a regular club run CB is still a necessary evil.

Plus CB is mandatory at Cruise Moab.

Both my Cruisers have dual band ham radios and small Uniden 520 CBs, I don't see being able to chuck the CBs any time soon.

View attachment 1428627 Noobie here. Just picked up my first LC. 1993 FJ80 with a ton of miles and a ton of issues. I'm looking forward to dialing it all in and hope this site will help me along the way.

First issue I need not want to tackle is horrible Death Wobble. I been reading all the related threads and sounds like I have my hands full with diagnosing the many culprits. Wish me luck, I love this FJ80!

good luck. I had this on and off. its more likely to be a combination of things than a single culprit. I would advise getting your wheels balanced and alignment done first, as they can be very much part of the issue, and are probably the quickest, cheapest place to start.

Had a vibration start a couple weeks back after a wheeling trip. Got worse last week. Climbed under yesterday to find the rear u-joints are toast. Pulled the rear shaft while I was there so I can still drive the truck. It surprisingly doesn't feel any different as a fwd vs awd :hillbilly:

Very nice work from down-under :), no concerns that these 5 switches could be turned-on accidentally will off-roading from stuff in rear moving around while on the trail (camping stuff, pets, kids, water/fuel cans, tools, etc.) ? :cautious:
No, see the recessed tie down points? My fridge goes there (for now until I get a drop slide :)) Nothing gets loaded between the fridge and that side. Dogs ride in the second row ;)

I failed emissions: P0401. Lots of gas fumes at startup. It looks like next week is planned out.

Been hating on my mud flaps for a while now. Finally, using unorthodox tools, an otherworldly force drove me to methodically whittle them down into smaller and smaller iterations of their former selves until I ended up with these vestigial nubs.
IMG_5865.JPG
IMG_5894.JPG
IMG_5895.JPG
IMG_5898.JPG
IMG_5896.JPG

Doesn't look half bad..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom