FJ62 Dash pad cover...what are your thoughts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have the carpet dash cover on my 60 and LOVE it. For one it looks good and fits well(use lots of extra small Velcro pieces, male side on dash) and......I can now put stuff on the dash and it won't fly all over. I put the male side of Velcro on a few item, like call phone, Ray ban case and just stick em on the dash. ALso kinda give the 60 a warm and fuzzy fell inside which I like

Would you happen to know the part number...off the top of your head? I'm betting you might. :)
Not @beno, but after a short trip into the garage a minute ago, 55401-90A05-03 (grey - brown is NLA). Mine is still in the box, waiting for a little warmer weather to install. Retail price is currently $685.73, before any discount you can find.

When I first got BeBe the PO had one on the dash that was glued/velcro'd down in a few places. I hated these things in the 80s when growing up and still believe they look ugly. The main issue with these older vehicles is the fit is not quite spot on (for the felt/cloth dash covers that is) and it ends up blocking vents if not place very precisely. Part of the other issue is that if they are not made properly, or of cheap quality then you have to deal with fading, movement, threa

I use to feel the same, but this one lays perfect, fits great, does not block any vents(defrost) and the color is a good match to the stock gray.

mine has been on a year since I took the pic, it fits even better now.

When I first got BeBe the PO had one on the dash that was glued/velcro'd down in a few places. I hated these things in the 80s when growing up and still believe they look ugly. The main issue with these older vehicles is the fit is not quite spot on (for the felt/cloth dash covers that is) and it ends up blocking vents if not place very precisely. Part of the other issue is that if they are not made properly, or of cheap quality then you have to deal with fading, movement, threa

I use to feel the same, but this one lays perfect, fits great, does not block any vents(defrost) and the color is a good match to the stock gray.

mine has been on a year since I took the pic, it fits even better now.

Brand? That does look pretty good, not crazy about how it falls over the open area above the glove compartment but can't have everything..

No idea, got it from jason, it was new, my guess is SOR but not sure.

It's actaully attached where it falls above the glove box. and again, pic is a year old. lays better now

I have some Vertx bags(holding a gun and other stuff, inside the bags are the soft side of velcro , so I have items inside the bag thst attach with velcro.....so I can take them out and stick em on the dash.

I love velcro but no.....I don't wear shoes with velcro laces......mine are kevlar....but no lacing required ; )

Just wanted to add a quick review. I got a dash cap/cover from SOR. Shipping is crazy expensive but it a long box so I suspect it's fair. Anyway I think it looks pretty good, color is very close/same as original (gray for my 62). The texture is a little more pronounced on the SOR model but I think it looks nice. Best part is the install is literally minutes. It just kinda snaps in place then settles in. Only place that is questionable is the corner on the drivers side (left) mine doesn't quite completely go over, but you can't really see it and I've not worked with it yet. I just trial fit it and anticipated going back and using adhesive, but after placing it I don't think I will. The fit is quite good and plenty tight without being glued down.

Just wanted to add a quick review. I got a dash cap/cover from SOR. Shipping is crazy expensive but it a long box so I suspect it's fair. Anyway I think it looks pretty good, color is very close/same as original (gray for my 62). The texture is a little more pronounced on the SOR model but I think it looks nice. Best part is the install is literally minutes. It just kinda snaps in place then settles in. Only place that is questionable is the corner on the drivers side (left) mine doesn't quite completely go over, but you can't really see it and I've not worked with it yet. I just trial fit it and anticipated going back and using adhesive, but after placing it I don't think I will. The fit is quite good and plenty tight without being glued down.

couldn't figure out how to add pics after the fact

IMG_0553.JPG

IMG_0554.JPG

IMG_0555.JPG

IMG_0556.JPG

I didn't like the carpet cover that came with mine, so I bought the SOR cover. It's a winner.

My FJ55 dash cover fit tightly without glue (caulk), which was great - if you can skip the glue, so much the better!

I would just like to add that this thread resulted in a swift and solid kick to the balls for me.
I've been skimming dash cap threads...and obviously saw this one...also saw the part about oem dash pads being still available.....for apparently the 62s...the 2 being important here.
I bolted out of the office this afternoon and made with great haste to my local dealership, who has been very helpful and willing to look up and get for me at very reasonable costs, parts for "those cool old cruisers", after seeing...yet cleary not completely reading through this.

I recently purchased a cap for it....and the fit is not what I would call great....or even good.
Yes it sorta clicks on the drivers side, the passenger side just floats there.....with slightest touch of it dislodging it from the dash, yes gluing it fast would fix that, but my oem is not that far gone that I can completely ruin it by gluing the painted plastic cap on to it.

Last edited:
I would just like to add that this thread resulted in a swift and solid kick to the balls for me.
I've been skimming dash cap threads...and obviously saw this one...also saw the part about oem dash pads being still available.....for apparently the 62s...the 2 being important here.
I bolted out of the office this afternoon and made with great haste to my local dealership, who has been very helpful and willing to look up and get for me at very reasonable costs, parts for "those cool old cruisers", after seeing...yet cleary not completely reading through this.

I recently purchased a cap for it....and the fit is not what I would call great....or even good.
Yes it sorta clicks on the drivers side, the passenger side just floats there.....with slightest touch of it dislodging it from the dash, yes gluing it fast would fix that, but my oem is not that far gone that I can completely ruin it by gluing the painted plastic cap on to it.

So only the 62's are still available, not the 60's--am I reading that right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom