FINALLY got Techstream to work! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

aaronrules

Coolest person you know!
Threads
I've searched, but apparently one code can mean a bunch of things. When checking my AHC, I got these two codes:
C1712
C1776
1233118-108289b36b90d0bd6f82a019889023a0.jpg

I know my tire PSI sensors are messed up, which one of the codes. No biggie there. But I am finding a handful of reasons for code C1776. Does anybody have experience with this code?

Also here is a screenshot of my AHC live in normal position:
1233119-8c50e2da3fc615565fcd901ccf1ceec4.jpg

And a shot of AHC live in High position:
1233120-52999332eeba9395f45745b2dcf1312a.jpg

Does anybody see anything that could tip the code? Or see anything out of wack? I couldn't find a list of "normal operating ranges".

I have grown fond of the AHC and if it's working fine then I'm going to keep it until it breaks, but if it is showing signs of having to put work into it over and over again...It's gonna go.

Let me know what you AHC geniuses think of the screenshots I took.

Thanks!

AHC DTCs.JPG

AHC NORMAL.JPG

AHC HIGH.JPG

I'm not the expert you are looking for. But these two posts seem to agree on the "normal operating ranges" for the pressures if that's what you mean.
Measure AHC neutral pressure?
AHC Neutral Pressure Adjustment

I was really hoping you could direct me to where you purchased the tech stream cable/software combo. Most posts are old and some people complain of nonfunctional or virus laden software. I hope you can help. Thanks !

Do you have any history on front end work? I had the CV replaced along with the hub flange, risk rotor, etc. When that was done the speed sensor (C1776) got messed up. Could be if you had work whomever also disconnected and or broke a AHC height sensor - could be same side or could be the other.

AHC override installed?
Clear codes and monitor, the height sensor code is not common at all. If you've got normal full range of L to H movement and no random height behavior then I'd keep driving and wait and see if it reoccurs. Maybe check/clean the height sensor connectors and harness in the wheel well and engine bay.
Usual high pressures etc. Do your checks on flat ground for accurate readings.

You could have a loose connection to your FL height sensor, either inside the sensor or in the cable/plug. Or it could be that the linkage is loose, so that the sensor doesn't quite follow the expected movement. It looks like the sensor does follow the actual height tho', to a certain degree at least, according to the 2 readouts above here.

If the missing speed signal (ABS sensor) is also on the FL, remember that both these sensors have a 2-pin plug each, next to each other, on top of the wheel well.

aaronrules: what computer/os are you running that Techstream on? Any special "deep" (as in command line) os switches need activating?

It's a 64 bit Windows 10 machine. It's a straight forward install. The driver windows installs works fine.

Do you have any history on front end work? I had the CV replaced along with the hub flange, risk rotor, etc. When that was done the speed sensor (C1776) got messed up. Could be if you had work whomever also disconnected and or broke a AHC height sensor - could be same side or could be the other.

I haven't had any of the work done before. Not to say it wasn't done before I got the truck.

I think I'll clear the codes and monitor for now. Makes me a little antsy to have any codes on the AHC system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom