1HD-FT injector upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I asked my diesel shop who is very reputable when it comes to toyota diesel tuning a quote to get my 1HD-FT injectors checked and rebuilt if necesarry.
He told me it is better to convert my 2-stage injectors to single-stage injectors, better low down performance he said.
I searched on Mud and elsewhere but cannot find more info on this subject, others must have done this aswell? Anyone on here?

I'm a qualified fuel injection tech and have been in the industry almost 20 years. Bosch master tech and have done virtually every fuel injection training course under the sun including Denso twin springs and that's the first time I've heard of anyone converting them. But all fuel shops have there own secrets and if they are reputable I cant see why your couldn't convert them.

Some shops convert them, because they aren't able to set up a 2-Stage properly. This is how I read what they're saying - I have never heard of any advantages to converting to 2-stage.

That could be the case. The idea behind twin spring injectors is flow control. With two pressures, the needle has essentially two lift stops, so a low and high flow point. This is ment give you a quieter engine under low load and idle with better emissions. So in theory a downside of going to a single stage is you may notice more engine noise/knock.

He says he can perfectly do 2 stage rebuild aswell but has better expierience converting to single.
I've been searching google and all the powerstroke and duramax boys all seem to do single shot conversions aswell because of easier finetuning the injector opening pressure , more volume to add in the same cycle and even better economy when set up right.

He says he can perfectly do 2 stage rebuild aswell but has better expierience converting to single.
I've been searching google and all the powerstroke and duramax boys all seem to do single shot conversions aswell because of easier finetuning the injector opening pressure , more volume to add in the same cycle and even better economy when set up right.

Well if you go down the single stage road I'd be interested to hear your results :)

I bought brand new ones for only a little more than the cost of rebuilding. Why bother.... euro4x4parts.com

euro4x4parts.com

@ $124 euro X 6, that works out to nearly $1100CAN before core charges and shipping! How much is a rebuild in Europe?

Over 110 a piece. I didn't need to pay a core charge for that price. Atleast for my 1hdft injectors.

1 stage conversion/rebuild is 78 eur per injector. X6 thats alot cheaper than 124 eur, and supposed to be better. When I go for this i'll you know the results

I'm a qualified fuel injection tech and have been in the industry almost 20 years. Bosch master tech and have done virtually every fuel injection training course under the sun including Denso twin springs and that's the first time I've heard of anyone converting them. But all fuel shops have there own secrets and if they are reputable I cant see why your couldn't convert them.

Do you know if non genuine injectors are any good... I'm also looking at buying vs servicing, but have been offered non genuine for $60 a pop

Do you know if non genuine injectors are any good... I'm also looking at buying vs servicing, but have been offered non genuine for $60 a pop

I'd recommend staying away from the non-genuine injector parts. I bought some Chinese nozzles to rebuild my IDI injectors. I could not get them to work right no matter what I did (I thought I was doing something wrong with the rebuild). Then I bought genuine denso nozzles, and everything worked perfectly right away. So thats the last time I'll buy Chinese injection parts. If they can't get a simple nozzle right, how can they get a full injector or injection pump right?

Personally I wouldn't go non-gen but being a Denso dealer I would say that :) If it was chinese I wouldn't go there. Spaco and Firad is generally accepted as being ok.

Personally I wouldn't go non-gen but being a Denso dealer I would say that :) If it was chinese I wouldn't go there. Spaco and Firad is generally accepted as being ok.
Hi Anthony, If i were to buy 6 new genuine toyota injectors do they go straight in or do they need setting up before or after fitting ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom