Any de-cladded LX 470's? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How about we take the cladding off the fender and see if we can fill those three holes with a little welding and body filler?

Love to. I'll do whatever you like. I think welding them all up would be the coolest option, but that Toyota steel is so thin that there's going to be some plinking to do to get the panels back into shape after welding.

I don't have a pic at the moment, but there is the lower rear corner of the front fender that ties into the step. It appears that when the step is removed, there will still be a sizable chunk left behind.

If you look at Hoser's pic of a naked LX, midway down page 1 of this thread, you can see the fender without running board.

Back to life.

Is it safe to assume that taking the quick route of using aluminum tape to cover the holes would be gambling that nothing pokes the holes? Would it take much effort at all to puncture the tape?

Also, would the tape be visible if you use normal paint and not some kind of rhino-liner type paint? My gut says it would...

Is it safe to assume that taking the quick route of using aluminu
I was searching around for parts numbers for the clips to repair this back like new.

I'd have to imagine scoring a lucky hit on a tiny hole would be unlikely, but that tape is pretty thin.

After a few layers of paint, the tape will still be visible, but only if you get right up on it. From far away it'd be difficult to spot.

I was searching around for parts numbers for the clips to repair this back like new.

I'd have to imagine scoring a lucky hit on a tiny hole would be unlikely, but that tape is pretty thin.

After a few layers of paint, the tape will still be visible, but only if you get right up on it. From far away it'd be difficult to spot.
I think what I’m gonna try is fiberglass and fiberglass resin. Then body filler and paint. If it doesn’t work or look good I’ll just use adhesive for the trim. Should be plenty strong from what I’ve read though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom