Highwater Mark Trail - Spring 2017 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah the cleanup takes soo much time. I'm also doing away with EGR and all its controls, that part is done I just have to bolt all that stuff on.
I'm starting to put everything back on now.

Yeah the cleanup takes soo much time. I'm also doing away with EGR and all its controls, that part is done I just have to bolt all that stuff on.
I'm starting to put everything back on now.

Awesome, great to hear bud. Your Dad helping out? I've not talked to him in a bit hope he's doing well.

Awesome, great to hear bud. Your Dad helping out? I've not talked to him in a bit hope he's doing well.

Nope I'm all on my own this time. He is in the middle of a house remodel project. He's doing good just swamped getting the house done(he's doing the work mostly himself).

Nope I'm all on my own this time. He is in the middle of a house remodel project. He's doing good just swamped getting the house done(he's doing the work mostly himself).

Gotcha, well that explains why he's been quiet :) you have any Toyota fans nearby to lend a brother a hand?

How likely will I need a front locker?? lol

:steer::doh:

Bx

Gotcha, well that explains why he's been quiet :) you have any Toyota fans nearby to lend a brother a hand?

Well there is group in Shreveport(ARKLATEX Offroad) but since I moved back to Springhill it's about an hour away. My FIL is going to come help this weekend, so I should get close to being done.

4 Days till departure

Screenshot 2017-04-12 14.16.40.png

We ran into navigation challenges, downed trees and some aggressive sections of trail but it was a great experience and great time with friends. Offroad experience needed and flexible navigation and tools (chainsaws, brush gear) required. I don't see this as a great trail for Overlanders used to running open forest and fire roads but it may be better in the fall when the trail is cleaned up. Right now its tight and overgrown very challenging along the red leg of this trip. I don't recall exact mileage but it was taking an hour + to go a mile over rough and overgrown section of the trail. There are several variables to look at when preparing for this trip like water levels before going up there to run this trail there are a dozen or more creek and river crossings and must pay attention to the weather you would not want to run this during hard rains or bad weather. It is beautiful country. We did not complete the 3 legs of Jaystons route we ran 95% of the green, 50% of the red due to downed tree and bypasses and overgrown areas we couldn't find his exact trail at times. We met and Ozark Overland Group headed in on our way out and they said they have never been able to follow his exact trail layout either which made me feel better. In all it was a great experience. We were well prepared for just about anything and we worked well like the BSLCA team always does. Everyone sounded very pleased with the trip and did not measure our success by completing all three legs but rather the experience and comradery.

20170417_162153.jpg
20170417_171646.jpg
20170418_085326.jpg
20170418_085741.jpg
20170418_104223.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom