One of those sunroof leaks - video inside (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's why it explains why water was not going through the sunroof for 2 weeks and it started to leak again because the hoses are kinking?
When you take the sunroof cassette down, you will see how much space there actually is for debris to collect. It will be fine for a while and all it will take is one good rain and all that debris will collect around the drain making water egress a lot slower. Then it will overflow and drip inside.

That makes total sense. If I am refering to your thread the only solution would be to change the headliner or I can do your fix by wrapping up the hoses?

That makes total sense. If I am refering to your thread the only solution would be to change the headliner or I can do your fix by wrapping up the hoses?

What year is your rig? Wrapping the hose will certainly help let more dirt and debris out. The issue is that the hose has been kinked for so long and its hardened with age. You can always get a silicone hose and route it through. The rear hose is very easy to do. I changed my hose completely.

While it is a pain in the ass to do I would remove the headliner, put that in a safe place then take your sweet time to fix everything up there. Take down the sunroof, clean it thoroughly and grease everything. You can do all this while still using the cruiser daily. Taking off the sunroof is 10 minutes. Cleaning and greasing is 45 minutes and putting it back up is 20 minutes provided you have someone to help you. If you are going at it alone take a pry tool and GENTLY!!!!!!!!!!! pry at the plastic cover from the inside. Once these are off you have three screws on each side. Take those off and the glass will pop right out. That will make the cassette a lot lighter and more balanced. I learned the hard way.

Prior to putting the headliner back in, wait and let it rain a few times. Drive through the carwash hose down the top of the cruiser. If no leaks, then put the headliner back in and enjoy many years of leak free cruiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom