Period correct winch bumper/brush guard fj60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are whiteface elk the same as the slow elk we have around here?

View attachment 1428057

Montana has way too many elk apparently also. They have gotten very smart about where they hang out and are tough to find in the usual places. I'm a pretty half-hearted hunter anyway.
OK hijack over. Cool ideas here.
One and the same.

My 60 has a 95 vintage ARB, specifically set up for a Warn 8274.
IMG_3611.jpg

I'm sure I have better pics somewhere, but this is what I found on my phone. Mine is a 62, but the bumper will fit a 60.

20161031_114327.jpg

Last edited:
Randy,
Yeah, if you look at that picture I posted, you can see those two short black painted uprights. I painted those because I bent in the inner lip of the wide front strip because a strap will chafe on it when connected as a yoke. Not anymore. When I bent them it broke the adhesion of the galvanized plating & raw virgin steel was revealed. The metal is pretty soft. I could bend them with vice grips.

The two tow hook attachment locations on each side of the upright are very strong. I attach a "yoke" using a doubled up lifting strap to both tow hooks to attach the returned winch cable (when using a pully). I've never "yanked" a car out using those tow hooks and never have been yanked out. Yanking on tow hooks is kinda scary.

Output,
Was working on my truck this past weekend and I pulled out my old tow hooks to intall on the sides of the ARB. Then I realized why I had taken them off.... The Warn M1200 takes up the entire width of the center. To fit bolts through the side vertical supports would require taking the winch out and even then I would have to use custom ordered thin headed bolts as standard bolt heads would be too tall.

So anyone installing a Warn M12000, you loose the option to mount hooks unless you start playing around.

Wow-
ARB used to sell that bumper for the M12000. I have been toying around with the idea of dropping a 16.5ti in there (since I got rid of my M10000) but if that meant losing the tow hooks then no way. Thanks for the heads up.

Output,
I thought the bumpers were built for the M10000 not the M12000. Hence why the M12000 barely fits. Like I said, the two hooks will fit with some custom bolts but barely. The winch is just too wide (even if the control solenoid box was moved).

Mine was originally delivered in aus by the dealer with a warn highmount and a arb bumper. Have the original paper work somewhere. The side bars have since been added new arb style.

20170121_194207.jpg

ARB with 8274
DSCF1415.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom