It's on! No turning back (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes sir, could not be prouder! He is a great kid and will make a great Marine.
Thank you!

I was hoping Parris Island for boot camp, but being a Hollywood Marine isn't bad. ;)

Went over and hung out for a while. Since we were going to have to move the front shock towers I figured might as well get that out of the way. Some cutting, grinding and were ready.

IMG_20170221_113323505.jpg

IMG_20170221_114015537.jpg

IMG_20170221_132600059.jpg

IMG_20170221_132625990.jpg

IMG_20170221_140147713.jpg

Went over and hung out for a while. Since we were going to have to move the front shock towers I figured might as well get that out of the way. Some cutting, grinding and were ready.

View attachment 1407056

View attachment 1407058

View attachment 1407059

View attachment 1407060

View attachment 1407061

Man what an awesome guy Rob is, he called and asked if he could come over while i was at work to grab some measurements. I got home from work and you can see he was busy! I can't thank this guy enough for all the help and friends i have met through him.
THANK YOU!!!

Some updates on the drive train. After the t case by Georg at Valley Hybrids. Bob had the transmission rebuilt. New Advance adapter twin stick was set up and everything went together without a hitch.

509505987.jpg

IMG_7651.jpg

IMG_20170227_180059000.jpg

It has been awhile since I have posted anything, so here are a few pictures. I got the Trail Taylor frame stiffeners in. My dad came down to give a hand, he did the Dynamat and he bought a new buffer to tryout. Man that thing worked well. @landcrusher909 has been stopping by just about everyday. I got the front end all welded up and painted. Need to pull the rear out and weld and paint.

IMG_7667.PNG

IMG_7678.JPG

IMG_7679.JPG

IMG_7681.JPG

IMG_7688.JPG

Usually the shock bolts are mounted fore and aft, so the shock can rotate around the bolt. Set up like this they could bind during suspension compression.

But wow this has come along fast.

You asked about front wheel spacers- I used these:
Amazon.com: Spidertrax S2PWHS005 Wheel Spacer Kit: Automotive

Usually the shock bolts are mounted fore and aft, so the shock can rotate around the bolt. Set up like this they could bind during suspension compression.

But wow this has come along fast.

You asked about front wheel spacers- I used these:
Amazon.com: Spidertrax S2PWHS005 Wheel Spacer Kit: Automotive

Thank you Andy! I have been working on it everyday that i can, i am hoping to have it drive able by Brooks graduation from Boot camp which is coming quick for me. Starting to stress that i wont be done in time. I do have some stock like mounts that would mount to the bottom of the axle tube with a bolt, I just thought they hung down to much and would catch on stuff??? I will send you a picture when i get home today to see what you think, if you don't mind? Wheel spacers- I came up with roughly 3 3/4" difference from the 80 rear and the stock front axle? I am gonna recheck it with some help today. Do I want to be as close to equal as possible??? Thank you again for your help!

Last edited:
Thank you Andy! I have been working on it everyday that i can, i am hoping to have it drive able by Brooks graduation from Boot camp which is coming quick for me. Starting to stress that i wont be done in time. I do have some stock like mounts that would mount to the bottom of the axle tube with a bolt, I just thought they hung down to much and would catch on stuff??? I will send you a picture when i get home today to see what you think, if you don't mind? Wheel spacers- I came up with roughly 3 3/4" difference from the 80 rear and the stock front axle? I am gonna recheck it with some help today. Do I want to be as close to equal as possible??? Thank you again for your help!

I would recommend 2" wheel spacers on the front and no wheel spacers on the rear. That's what I run with my 80 rear axle and it drives and tracks great down the highway at +70. I have Tacoma rims with 5.5" of backspacing. If you have less backspace it will drive even better.

Amazing build, what a team effort! That rig is going to be unstoppable on the trails, and looks like it will be super sturdy on the road as well....

Double thumbs up from TN!

I cant stop looking at these pictures. This is going to be one Awesome rig for sure. Bob has not cut any corners and we are on a roll LOL its been a blast seeing this rig come together.

Even Marlin is on Board for this build. Between Georg @orangefj45, Marlin and the guys here on Mud weve received some of the best advice/help and support you could ask for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom