Where does this bracket go? Carb install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Took me months to get back to putting the carb back in. Dont recall where this bracket goes?
Any help is much appreciated.

Well thought I could grab a pix since my carb is in my computer room but that bracket isn't on it.

IMG_2045.jpg

Thanks guys. Looks like it holds the vent hose I'm having a hard time finding. Local auto part stores don't seem to have anything comparable. I'll have to look on McMaster for something.
Love this forum. I'd be more lost with out it.

SOR carries a replacement, but you just need a length of hose suitable for vacuum - so it won't collapse.

I *think* I bought some from NAPA, but I'm not sure .... If you go to a place that specializes in VW, or German junk, you'll find metric size, cloth-covered. Otherwise, SAE vacuum hose is ONLY measured in 32nds of an inch, I believe it's 11/32 or 9mm ? @Output Shaft ?

Don't use fuel line.

3/8" ID hose will fit both the PCV valve & the intake attachment pipe... But as Spike mentioned, you can't use fuel line because it will collapse from the high vacuum when it gets hot & soft.

I found a link to a place that sells 3/8" PCV hose (designed for PCV) but I personally have never tried it. Its pretty cheap. Might be worth buying a few feet and checking it out ... And letting us know if it's a good replacement.

PCV Rubber Hose

Thanks for the link. I'll order up some and report back. I got a lot of old hoses that'll need replacing.

3/8" ID hose will fit both the PCV valve & the intake attachment pipe... But as Spike mentioned, you can't use fuel line because it will collapse from the high vacuum when it gets hot & soft.

I found a link to a place that sells 3/8" PCV hose (designed for PCV) but I personally have never tried it. Its pretty cheap. Might be worth buying a few feet and checking it out ... And letting us know if it's a good replacement.

PCV Rubber Hose

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom